Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish 2nd Squadron of the 4th 'Skorpion' Rgt - what camo colours please?

Article about: Hello there, I am researching the Polish 2nd Squadron of the 4th 'Skorpion' Regiment's Shermans, from North Africa in 1943 to Italy in 1944. In particular I am trying to identify the colours

Milgeek
    ?

Default Polish 2nd Squadron of the 4th 'Skorpion' Rgt - what camo colours please?

Hello there, I am researching the Polish 2nd Squadron of the 4th 'Skorpion' Regiment's Shermans, from North Africa in 1943 to Italy in 1944. In particular I am trying to identify the colours of teh camo schemes used by the unit.

I have made a couple of sketches which are based on what information I have found so far, can anyone please confirm or correct these schemes?

1. Egypt, winter 1943

2. 'Pirat', Cassino, Italy, 1944

If anyone can help out I'd be most grateful...Thanks.

M

Default Re: Polish 2nd Squadron of the 4th 'Skorpion' Rgt - what camo colours please?

Hey Milgeek

Can't say there is anything written about the 4th Skorpion's markings other than they likely followed the British RAC colour schemes as they were part of the 8th army. Your best bet is Guides to colour schemes by Mike Starmer http://www.matadormodels.co.uk/tank_...mo_starmer.htm

'The Caunter Scheme 1940-41' desert colours in Egypt.
    'Alamein and After 1942 -43' desert colours for the end on the desert war, and
    'Sicily and Italy 143-45' colours for the later campaign in the Middle East until the end of the war.

Hope this helps
    Chris............

Default Re: Polish 2nd Squadron of the 4th 'Skorpion' Rgt - what camo colours please?

Hi, I founded few pictures maybe it will help.

2nd Armoured Brigade prepared for inspection, Egypt 1944,
    the tanks belong to 4th Armoured Regiment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish 2nd Squadron of the 4th 'Skorpion' Rgt - what camo colours please?  

These two Daimler Dingo Mk.I Scout Cars belong to the HQ Squadron, 4th Armoured Regiment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish 2nd Squadron of the 4th 'Skorpion' Rgt - what camo colours please?  

Tanks of 2nd Squadron, 4th Armoured Regiment, Nuseirat, 1943.

"Pantera", the Sherman tank of 2nd Lt. Hopko, commander of 1st Platoon,
    2nd Squadron, 4th Armoured Regiment, goes off a bailey bridge.

"Gardziel" M3A3 Stuart Recce tank of 4th Armoured Regiment, Skorpion`s Reconnaissance Detachment. The Regimental Reconnaissance Detachment where formed in Feb-March 1944 around the HQ Squadrons scout platoons.

"PHANTOM RIDGE" Winter 1944/45.