Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Polish Air Force in WWII France 1940.

Article about: Hello. I just recently obtain this nice badge. I don't know much about history behind this badge. The is some data in Wesolowski book but I believed is not 100% correct. If some members one

Default Re: Polish Air Force in WWII France 1940.

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    ....Typically... but not exclusively. See illustrations.
    Respectfully,
    IvanPutski
    And I always thought dragonflies were insects . . .
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    And I always thought dragonflies were insects . . .
    The Dragonfly was the squadron insignia of the Polish Observation school, which took it from - if I remember correctly - the 581st Escadrille of the French Air Force in WW1 (see photo for the design of the squadron badge used in both instances). While my example from my earlier post (19 Eskadra) may not look like a classic St. George-style Dragon, maybe it's a bit of a hybrid between that and a dragonfly. To me it is more Dragon than Fly, but it looks like a particularly unpleasant animal either way.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Air Force in WWII France 1940. 

My Grandfather , Fl Lt Tarkowski 605 , 315 and 307 Squadrons sold his WW2 Log Book to Gerald Kochan from The Center For Military Studies in Greenville Texas.

In the spring of 2001 my Grandfather was six months away from death and very ill . It was extremely distressing to see somebody who took such pride in his memory fade before your eyes.What I must say is that his death was relatively quick - we didn't see him deteriorate over years and years.

What shocked us was that we only discovered in 2006 that he had sold his Log Book.My Grandfather would never have done so if he was in complete control of his facilities - my Grandmother pleaded with not to do so and we are at a loss to understand why he did so - to be blunt he was a wealthy man and certainly did not need the money.
    Secondly he was a great collector - he never threw anything away and would never have wanted it to leave the family.

As soon as my mother discovered that the Log book was missing ( it took 5 years for her to go through his belongings ....and we've yet to finish doing so !) she contacted Mr Kochan ( via "The Center For Military Studies" ) - she received a definitive "no" to its return.

It has taken another four years for me to discover this ( my mother was very distressed and refused to talk about the episode ) and I must say I am absolutely determined to recover the original Log book .

I note from his internet site Center for Military Studies that my Grandfathers log book does not seem to be in the archive ( which worries me )

Has anybody had any contact with Gerald Kochan or The Center for Military Studies ?

CQE
    ?

Ze-Pole,
    Thank you for a very convincing links. You are good! In fact all of you are, including never aging Tony.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4