This is my recent acquisition “Black Eagle “ and I would very much appreciate your opinions.
We all know the Guant’s Polish Pilot’s wings.
However, I have small dilemma that is worth clarifying – I think
I have just noticed an interesting detail looking at my new acquisition.
1. Look at the picture of the “Black Eagle” – the Badge appear to a “scare across” suggesting that the stamp was broken (please see the specific enlargement)
2. Look at the picture of the “Silver Eagle” – it comes from the relatively new stock – 7-8 years ago, as You may know, it was easy in London to by the Polish Wings – the badges had been sold in the auction after Mr Sliwerski at Bonham’s (who had bought them from Pilot’s association in the 80ts)– my Silver Eagle comes form this lot.
So my questions are the following
- Can You please post the picture of the Polish Wings?
- Do your Badges have the “scare”?
- Given the fact that the Silver one is the post-war re-strike, can it be that the Black one the War-time made one?
- Was Guant making badges during the war? Or was that only Firmin?
- Any pictures of Firmin one?