Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish ATS

Article about: Hello my name is sylvia , at the moment i am doing british ATS reanacting, but i am thinking to do proper polish ATS, but i didnt come across any informations about polish ATS, nothing about

sylwia
    ?

Default Polish ATS

Hello my name is sylvia , at the moment i am doing british ATS reanacting, but i am thinking to do proper polish ATS, but i didnt come across any informations about polish ATS, nothing about uniforms, nothing about history.I know that polish ATS existed. Got my british late war BD, suposed that they loked this same.If anyone know a bit about this part of our history i will be more then happy tnx.

Default re: Polish ATS

Sylvia,
    A contact of mine in Poland is also a girl reenactor ; you can see her tunic on this link :

Pó?nocno-Zachodnie Niemcy/Holandia 2010 - www.breda.fora.pl

They are very interested in the 8th Rifles Batallion. They make a great job I find.
    I may have original pictures of polish ATS... but I have to find them... that is not easy for me in this moment. I will have a look later, promised.
    Ze-Pole

sylwia
    ?

lal exellent , that is my uniform I am on first 7 sec of the clip YouTube - The Victory Show 2009

Hello Sylwia and welcome to the forum!

Quote by sylwia View Post
    . . . i am thinking to do proper polish ATS, but i didnt come across any informations about polish ATS, nothing about uniforms, nothing about history. I know that polish ATS existed. . . .
    It’s wonderful that there are members of the opposite sex interested in WW2 history . . . you are a rarity indeed!

The following table provides some uniform details of the Polish ATS, Pomoczniczej Wojskowej Sluzby Kobiet (PWSK). (click on the picture to see a larger version). Immediately following the war a commemorative book was issued devoted entirely to the PWSK. One was up for sale on ebay several months ago. They are quite scarce, but it would certainly be worth trying to hunt down a copy. I’ll dig through my archives to see if I can find any more information for you. Please stay tuned . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish ATS  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Default Re: Polish ATS

Welcome Sylwia !
    By any chance, were you at the Nene Valley Railway 1940's show last year ?

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by sylwia View Post
    Hello my name is sylvia , at the moment i am doing british ATS reanacting, but i am thinking to do proper polish ATS, but i didnt come across any informations about polish ATS, nothing about uniforms, nothing about history.I know that polish ATS existed. Got my british late war BD, suposed that they loked this same.If anyone know a bit about this part of our history i will be more then happy tnx.

sylwia
    ?

Hello
    lal thanks , that was really helpfull Tony , hmm well i just have to convert my BD and job done ,in the future if you come a cross any of informations that would be great, -Gary no i wasnt doing Valley Railway last year . I was on ramsey, victory show , kelmarsh etc. .I am member of Tommy atkins- doing leicestershire regiment so , thanks for all help

Pictured below is the book mentioned in my previous post, and this site has some photographs from the book: Photos from "W Sluzbie dla Ojczyzny: Kobieta-Zolnierz 2 Korpusu" by Lola Romanska and Andrzej Romanski. pub. 1946 in R

Also, some interesting material in this section of the site titled "THE WOMENS' CONTRIBUTION TO THE WAR ":
    THE WOMENS' CONTRIBUTION TO THE WAR

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish ATS  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne