Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Badge Query

Article about: Hi, does anyone know offhand what the polish badge is that's shaped like a shield in blue enamel, with a white bird facing down on it ?? the badge is brass with a threaded stud on the back m

Default Polish Badge Query

Hi, does anyone know offhand what the polish badge is that's shaped like a shield in blue enamel, with a white bird facing down on it ?? the badge is brass with a threaded stud on the back marked with makers mark, made in Bologna ??? (came with a pow group) Cheers

?

Default Re: Polish Badge Query

Hi Yorksman,

Same as my Dads . 66th Pomorski Infantry Battalion, part of the 16th Pomorska Infantry Brigade of the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division, 2nd Polish Corps, Italy 1945/46

Polish Badge Query
    Polish Badge Query

much better photo of a clean badge by A.J.Zawadski at
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...-4/#post522078

thanks for your reply on the badge, not often seen this badge so is it classed as rare ??? what sort of value would you put on the badge ??? Thanks again.

?

Sorry but no idea on $. Interesting if it was with a pow group, as what I've read so far shows the 66th being formed too late in the war to see action.

He was pow from 1939 until the end of the war when he was free again.

?

The 66th (and I think 64th 65th) were formed by Poles who were released/escaped towards the end of the war (as per my own Dad), so that would be right. The 66th officially formed in Jan 1945 I understand.

Google translate (can't read Polish )
    "Special Badge [1] : Made of metal, enamel. On the face of a stylized silhouette of seagulls in flight. Plate covered with dark blue enamel with a yellow border, gull - white enamel. Emblem of the berets worn on the left, at a distance of 5 cm from the eagle.

[1] conducted a special badge of the 2nd Corps commander command of No. 13 of 31 January 1945"

Cheers
    Ian
    Last edited by IanOz; 04-21-2012 at 12:50 AM.