Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Cap badges book?

Article about: Hello, Im new to this type of militaria (and this this part of the forum ). Im getting interested in polish militaria, specifically cap badges/ eagles as I have seen in posts. Are there any

Default Polish Cap badges book?

Hello,
    Im new to this type of militaria (and this this part of the forum ). Im getting interested in polish militaria, specifically cap badges/ eagles as I have seen in posts. Are there any books on this?

Cheers, Stefan

Stefan
    there are a number of books on the subject - majority of them in polish language, however. Books are of various quality re actual research and pictures. There are a few good written works (mainly articles) in English.
    Going forward this year - i am aware that there are going to be 2 books in English out shortly - one on Eagles of 2nd Corps and Badges of Free Forces (book on badges is excellent - i know materials used - much will be published 1st time.
    Having said all of this - i would think that Forums on Eagles and Badges are well equal and perhaps even better than some of those books. I would start form browsing them.

Quote by polishpotato View Post
    Hello,
    Im new to this type of militaria (and this this part of the forum ). Im getting interested in polish militaria, specifically cap badges/ eagles as I have seen in posts. Are there any books on this?

Cheers, Stefan

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Stefan
    there are a number of books on the subject - majority of them in polish language, however. Books are of various quality re actual research and pictures. There are a few good written works (mainly articles) in English.
    Going forward this year - i am aware that there are going to be 2 books in English out shortly - one on Eagles of 2nd Corps and Badges of Free Forces (book on badges is excellent - i know materials used - much will be published 1st time.
    Having said all of this - i would think that Forums on Eagles and Badges are well equal and perhaps even better than some of those books. I would start form browsing them.
    Yeah I've been looking through the posts and the forum really does pay for itself. Im just looking for a basic reference book on the subject. I will be on the look out for those two books as well.

Thanks, Stefan