Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Corporal's Side Cap

Article about: A recent acquisition. A Brtish Side or FS Cap badged to a Corporal (Kapral) of the PSZnZ. The seller maintains the original owner was a Lady serving in the Pomocnicza Sluzba Kobiet, the Poli

Default Polish Corporal's Side Cap

A recent acquisition. A Brtish Side or FS Cap badged to a Corporal (Kapral) of the PSZnZ. The seller maintains the original owner was a Lady serving in the Pomocnicza Sluzba Kobiet, the Polish Auxiliary Territorial Service and that could have been, but for the size of the Cap, that fits my rather large head... It looks like there was never an Orzelek fitted to the cap, and this is quite puzzling... what's your advise, Panowie?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Corporal's Side Cap   Polish Corporal's Side Cap  

Polish Corporal's Side Cap   Polish Corporal's Side Cap  

Polish Corporal's Side Cap  

Hello!
    The bullion made rank on the side looks so fresh. I have never seen this type of metal wire thread, many others but... this one looks completny carelessly. I think that i am an owner of the same maker FS cap, my one is for sure used and the paper label is almost not visible, some reminds of it are still existing.
    In conclusion, my opinion is that the FS cap as the FS cap is genuine one nice piece, but the rank on the side is totally new, buttons are quite popular so it is not a big deal to attach them
    Best Regards
    Michal

Agreed with Michal, one can’t be too cautious when it comes to collecting uniform items as this area is widely exploited by fakers. This FS cap does appear rather fresh in the photos. But we also need to be careful before rushing to judgment. I know firsthand that digital photography under most lighting conditions doesn’t capture wear / patina on cloth items very well. Also, everything depends on how an item was stored. I have handled many genuine period uniforms, Polish and others, and if the items saw only light wear before being packed away properly there’s no reason they cannot remain looking very much like they day they were put into storage.

Re the rank stripes, are they sewn “into” the cap fabric, or stitched onto the surface?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne