Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

polish database, help needed

Article about: Hello may I have more information about a polish soldier ( 1st Polish Corps) name: GORALIK JAN army number: 32746/89/I thanks for answers cordially Didier

?

Default polish database, help needed

Hello
    may I have more information about a polish soldier ( 1st Polish Corps)
    name: GORALIK JAN
    army number: 32746/89/I
    thanks for answers
    cordially
    Didier

Default Re: polish database, help needed

I think a new member of the forum bought the AB64 which belonged to this soldier....

Paybook of a polish soldier ; 1ST POLISH ARMORED ??

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Reply posted here:

Paybook of a polish soldier ; 1ST POLISH ARMORED ??

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    Seen also here, page 64 of the topic :

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Best regards.
    ZP

Hello,

Sierz.pchr. GORALIK Jan
    9ème bataillon de chasseurs
    3ème compagnie

Georges.

Welcome to the forum Georges, and thanks for identifying that Jan Goralik served in the 9th Flanders Rifle Battalion (9 Batalionu Strzelców Flandryjskich). This allowed me to check for him in the 9BSF records where I found that Goralik, promoted to rank of 2nd Lieutenant, was awarded 9BSF badge #24. He was also noted as having received award document #23 for the “Fourragere 1940” when Belgium honoured the Poles of this regiment for their contribution to liberating their nation from Nazi occupation.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture polish database, help needed   polish database, help needed  

polish database, help needed   polish database, help needed  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony

Your well of resources is deeper than Trump's pockets and are bested by none!

Thanks for always enlightening us, sto lat, cheers.

Green
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 10-14-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Mr. Zielony, thanks for your kind words. Truth be told my reference library doesn’t hold a candle to Andrzejku’s. And sto lat to you too bro!

Regards,
    T.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    This allowed me to check for him in the 9BSF records where I found that Goralik, promoted to rank of 2nd Lieutenant, was awarded 9BSF badge #24.
    Hi Tony,

I have 9BSF badge no. 1282 would it be possible to look this no. up in your reference?

I would like to trade this badge for some Polish forced labour photos I have on reserve what would you say would be a fair value for this badge?

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hi Stefan,

Prior to seeing your badge I've known only machine stamped numbers, not manually engraved. I took a look through my picture archives and found the badge posted below - also machine stamped. But looking closely at the “0” in the number the right hand side appears to also be manually engraved. The engaving pattern looks very similar to the one on your badge. Perhaps this was a means of correcting a weak numbering strike ??

I used to own badge #1280 below, very close to your #1282. The only picture I have is the weak one posted below. As you can see it's also machine stamped.

According to my records awarded badges were numbered from 3 to 1021 and then from 1515 to 1549. Presumably numbers 1 or 2, or both, were deposited at the PISM in London. Badges numbered 1022 to 1514 and then 1550+ are the surplus ones that we most commonly see on the market. The highest number badge I have seen is 1841.

As far as value, I have seen these sell for upwards of $250 back about 5 years ago when the market was reaching its peak. It might see $150 - $200 in today’s softer market.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture polish database, help needed  
    Attached Images Attached Images polish database, help needed  polish database, help needed 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast