Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Polish Exile helmet Eagles

Article about: Tony, Thanks for posting that photo, ... I have seen it before when I believe Rafal N. owned one similar. This again is yet another confirmed variant connected to the Parachute Brigade. This

Default Re: Polish Exile helmet Eagles

Hi guys,
    Does this para helmet fit your expectations?

Regards,
    Tom

Here it goes:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

?

Thats an interesting photo ...

The rifle looks unusual .. and his magazine pouches on his belt are oversized ...

.. The photo itself strikes me as being one taken in early post war Germany (1945 - 1947), when the 1SBS were part of the BAOR.

Regards

Gary j.
    Last edited by Gary J; 08-08-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Thats an interesting photo ...

The rifle looks unusual .. and his magazine pouches on his belt are oversized ...

.. The photo itself strikes me as being one taken in early post war Germany (1945 - 1947), when the 1SBS were part of the BAOR.

Regards

Gary j.
    Yes, in deed, the jungle carbine denotes this picture was taken in Germany.

Regards,
    Tom

Hello,
    Here's my late-war RAC steel helmet used by a signaler of the 1st Armoured Division. These pics were taken with a mobile phone camera, but I promise to post pics of better quality soon.

Regards,
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Exile helmet Eagles   Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

Quote by Thomas the Tank Engine View Post
    Hello,
    Here's my late-war RAC steel helmet used by a signaler of the 1st Armoured Division. These pics were taken with a mobile phone camera, but I promise to post pics of better quality soon.

Regards,
    Tom
    By "late-war" do you mean that this is the type of helmet with the "lift-the-dot" style liner, or are you simply referring to the fact that it is a steel helmet? Thanks,
    Ivan

Hi,
    The liner is the "lift-the-dot" type and the chin strap is dated 1945.

Regards,
    Tom

Hello,
    The eagle was repainted in light orange (probably while serving with BAOR) because some of the yellow paint had begun to rub off.
    The securing string fed through the net is tangled, so I've decided not to take the net off as it might be damaged while removing.

Regards,
    Tom

Quote by Thomas the Tank Engine View Post
    Hello,
    The eagle was repainted in light orange (probably while serving with BAOR) because some of the yellow paint had begun to rub off.
    The securing string fed through the net is tangled, so I've decided not to take the net off as it might be damaged while removing.

Regards,
    Tom
    Tom, Can you see the first eagle in yellow under parts of the eagle later painted in orange?

Here's another example - also of the later lift-the-dot type. The eagle is in yellow paint (but not gas-detecting paint). Both the helmet liner and quick-release chinstrap are dated 1945.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Exile helmet Eagles  

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast