Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Polish Exile helmet Eagles

Article about: Tony, Thanks for posting that photo, ... I have seen it before when I believe Rafal N. owned one similar. This again is yet another confirmed variant connected to the Parachute Brigade. This

Default Re: Polish Exile helmet Eagles

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    Tom, Can you see the first eagle in yellow under parts of the eagle later painted in orange?
    Hello,
    Repainted parts are: a pelta, legs, partially wings and breast, however, in certain points the underneath paint is steel visible. Other parts remain in original yellow.

Regards,
    Tom

Hi,

Some pics of my French Adrian helmet with white polish eagle (France 1940).
    Regards.
    Carfin.

Polish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet Eagles

?

I got two helmets in my collection. Mk II came from italy, I bought it from guy which saved it in ´70 from scrap metal guys. I found name of previous owner - he is lying in Bologna cementary. Eagle is typical for 2nd Corps. No liner.

Dispatch rider came from enagland. Has to be in action because is repainted. Previous owner bought it on ´60 for less than £5 - I paid much more but I´m still happy with it!

[QUOTE=Marcin;224379]I got two helmets in my collection. Mk II came from italy, I bought it from guy which saved it in ´70 from scrap metal guys. I found name of previous owner - he is lying in Bologna cementary. Eagle is typical for 2nd Corps. No liner.

Nice example Marcin. Sometimes people question the presence of an eagle in yellow paint on 2 Corps helmets, saying that only white eagles were used. However, this is a good illustration of the use of yellow paint on a helmet from the Italian Campaign. I will post a few other examples when time permits.

Quote by Marcin View Post

Dispatch rider came from enagland. Has to be in action because is repainted. Previous owner bought it on ´60 for less than £5 - I paid much more but I´m still happy with it!

Yes, and also a nice example of a "non-standard" eagle stencil pattern, which as I have said before, are not uncommon and can be found in many different forms.

?

Ivan,
    Thank´s for nice words. Polish genuine helmets are almost impossible to find. I`m glad to have this two.
    Yellow eagles - well, I think that most of the eagles in 2nd Corps were yellow. Ofcourse is hard to say because of black-white pictures. I never had problem with it bacuse there are so many patterns and colors, shades. We can´t forget - it was war, they used all what they could use
    Waiting for another nice helmets!

My experience has been that you tend to see more white eagles on helmets of 2 Corps than yellow ones. And in my own collection, that has proven to be the case. But yellow eagles are not uncommon at all on 2 Corps helmets, and of course, they may even make up the majority of examples (just not in my own experience).

But I have had more than one spirited discussion with other collectors on the topic, where they maintain that 1 Corps is yellow and 2 Corps is white . So I would like to try to lay that misconception to rest.

Here's an example of a yellow eagle on a helmet of the Italian Campaign. This one sold on eBay a year or two ago but it's a nice example and it has been shown elsewhere on this forum.

Polish Exile helmet Eagles
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Exile helmet Eagles 

Here's another. This is a South African manufactured piece and as you can see the desert paint job shows through where the Italian Campaign green color has worn off.
    Polish Exile helmet EaglesPolish Exile helmet Eagles

?

Ivan,
    I agree that are white and yellow eagles. One thing is more sure that 2nd Corps ones are not so nice in shape as 1st Corps. I mean, they are one piece stencil without any details like mine.
    We will never know if was more yellow one´s or white. We can only base on helmets which are survived.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast