Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Stefan, yes, very perceptive of you. Definitely the efforts of a left leaning group. You'll quickly spot the less-than-subtle hammer and scythe imagery on the cover: Atta

Default re: Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

Hi Mariusz,

This looks like a young Polish (born. December 1901) workers work-book (for a commercial company) from before Treaty of Versailles (end of WWI) rather than 1920-1940. Hence the Russian, German, Polish languages. As you can see ther are statements about the facial characteristics and special distinguishing marks etc,. a page for other information schooling of the document holder.

A very nice document. Is it related to your family history?
    Last edited by StefanM; 10-25-2010 at 09:30 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

A well-used German Arbeitsbuch Für Auslãnder (Workbook for Foreigners).
    This one was for a Polish forced labourer sent to work in Agriculture/Farming. The last entry in the book is dated 18 February 1945, almost at the end of WWII in Europe. He was deported to Germany in 1940.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection   Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  

Forced workers in a German metal and materials recycling warehouse.
    The worker who is kneeling down down on the right is working on what looks llke a section of aircraft wing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  
    Last edited by StefanM; 10-25-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Thank you 4thskorpion, i had filing that it was before WWI, but i have posted here so i could get your opinion. The document is not from my family.

Maybe you can tell me more about those documents, I have filling they are traveling documents.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection   Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  

Hi Mariusz,

An unusual document to find

Issued by Rada Glowna Opiekuncza or Central Welfare Council, Polish charitable body one of the few that the German's officially sanctioned in the General Government area of Occupied Poland. The Germans thought it was better to allow a charitable organisation which they could 'see' and control, rather than have to deal with another Polish underground organisation.

These Bescheinigungen (Certificates) was issued to a family of 3 from the town of Busk in Eastern Galicia (about 35 km from the city of Luftwaffeów).

The family are under placed under the care of the Polish RGO (Central Welfare Council) and the certificate says that all agencies and departments are to give the person(s) all necessary protection and assistance... safe conduct as well as food to the holder of the certificate.

Hope this little helps?
    Last edited by StefanM; 11-05-2010 at 06:16 PM.

yes it helps, now I know bit more. Thank you

Susanne
    ?

Hello. I think this is the right place to post this. Several years ago, I went to a garage sale. I bought an old dictionary from 1937. Tucked inside, there was a photo of a woman with a P on her sweater. I brought the photo back to the garage sale.. thinking she was family to them and the woman told me she had no clue who the woman was and didn't want the photo. I tucked her back into my pocket and adopted her. I posted her photo on FB and one of my friends directed me here. We hope maybe someone would know more about her. There are no markings on the back of the photo. She is beautiful though.. for sure.
    http://i56.tinypic.com/348ob6f.jpg
    Last edited by Susanne; 11-17-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: pic isn't showing up

Hi Susanne,

Your adopted lady was just one of about 2.5 million Polish men, women and child forced labourers of the German Reich. It will be impossible to know who she may have been unless there were any other clues in the dictionary you bought at the garage sale?

Susanne
    ?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Hi Susanne,

Your adopted lady was just one of about 2.5 million Polish men, women and child forced labourers of the German Reich. It will be impossible to know who she may have been unless there were any other clues in the dictionary you bought at the garage sale?
    Sadly.. no, there was nothing in there other than her photo. I am suspecting that the photo was inadvertantly tucked away by a family member. There are no markings on the back. The garage sale was in a neighborhood of Buffalo, NY's Polish section though.. which is why it didn't shock me that this was from the German labor camp for the Polish (forgive me if I'm using inaccurate terms). While we may never know who she was... I take comfort in her. My 9 year old son is half Polish. I told her she is his personal guardian and she seems happy with that. (Yes, I do speak to the people in my collection.. she just happens to be my favorite).

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast