Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Stefan, yes, very perceptive of you. Definitely the efforts of a left leaning group. You'll quickly spot the less-than-subtle hammer and scythe imagery on the cover: Atta

Another example of a "round" format letter "P" badge seen in this recently acquired group photo:

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

eve42600
    ?

hello !

i'm new on the site and i've learn a lot thanks to your post here.
    i have some pictures from concentration camp and letters but it's difficult to find these items in France..

some of you have very beautiful collection. do you know where i can buy concentration camp items or uniform on website ? or any seller on this site?

thank you.

Eve

Quote by eve42600 View Post
    hello !

i'm new on the site and i've learn a lot thanks to your post here.
    i have some pictures from concentration camp and letters but it's difficult to find these items in France..

some of you have very beautiful collection. do you know where i can buy concentration camp items or uniform on website ? or any seller on this site?

thank you.

Eve
    Hi and welcome!

Please do not waste your time or money in trying to find and buy original concentration camp uniforms..they do not exist for sale...any on sale are only ever fakes no matter what fine story the seller tells you!

Original KL camp patches do occasionally surface for sale, but these are highly faked and it is safe to assume 99.99% of those for sale are fake.

Camp letters are fairly common and can be found on many internet auction sites. I can highly recommend www.stamps-pl.com whom I have purchsed from regularly. The site is Polish owned but has English and German translations. www.Allegro.pl is also a Polish auction site which sometimes has camp letters for sale but the site is only in Polish.

eve42600
    ?

Thank you for your answer.

I know that militaria world is difficult and there are fake everywhere..
    that's why i write on this website for advices.

thank you for the website adress that you give me, i will try to find my happiness.

but, how can you get concentration camp items if you can't buy them? it's hard except if you know a concentration camp familly.

Eve

Eve, hi,
    Concentration camp survivors usually donate their family items to museums rather than sell them, but occasionally camp patches are available however you might have to wait a very long time to find something genuine and it will be expensive. Many sellers of fakes realise that everyone will suspect an item if it is offered for sale too cheaply so they price their fake goods at a high price to try and convince buyers these must be "good" because they are expensive...an old fraudsters trick.

Forced labour camp items are still readily available although I have found that the prices being asked have escalated in the last one or two years. There is still a very nice "Arbeitskarte" for a French forced labourer on Ebay for around 39 euros and it includes a period German/French phrase book...IMO a reasonable purchase.

Carte de Travail Arbeitskarte Sarreguemines 1941 Accompagn

What is your interest in concentration camp collecting? I would like to see what you already have in your collection if you are willing to post images
    Last edited by StefanM; 10-01-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Recent addition: Telefunken Posen identity document and related labour office & company papers group.

Interestingly....in the first photo below is a Polish sailor still in uniform and wearing a cap from "ORP Gryf" standing with a group of Poles wearing their letter "P" patch. "ORP Gryf" was sunk in Hel harbour on 3 September 1939 during the opening stage of World War II so presumably this sailor was a PoW? The photo must have been taken after 8 March 1940 when the German government announced the Polish decrees or Polenerlasse which required all Poles working/living in the Reich to wear the letter "P" patch.

The same man can be seen on the far right wearing his sailors jacket in the photo below:

In the photo below this group includes a number of men wearing a variety of Polish uniform styles as well as civilian men and women including young children and a baby.

Last edited by StefanM; 10-19-2014 at 08:25 AM.

A well-worn Arbeitsbuch für Ausländer for a Polish women sent to work at Hotel Lötzener in Lötzen, East Prussia (today know as Giżycko, Poland).

Stowarzyszenie Polaków Poszkodowanych przez III Rzeszę (Polish Association of Victims of the Third Reich)

SPP membership card with letter "P" patch and SPP stick pin

The Polish Association of Victims of the Third Reich was founded in 1989 as organisation to recognise and support victims of slave labour in Nazi Germany during World War II . The aim of the organisation is to document the historical truth about the fate of Polish victims of the Third Reich and the Nazi authorities, as well as social assistance to all victims of the Germans, and to demand compensation from the country. in 1990 the association created a Documentation Centre and Compensation board chaired by prof. Andrew Klafkowski.

A group of teenage Polish forced workers 1944:

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast