Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

Article about: by A.J. Zawadzki Hi Stefan, yes, very perceptive of you. Definitely the efforts of a left leaning group. You'll quickly spot the less-than-subtle hammer and scythe imagery on the cover: Atta

Quote by Pieter1942 View Post
    . . . Was every Polish forced labourer required to wear the "P" on there clothes, . . .
    Hello Pieter,

The answer is apparently yes. Post 17 of this thread contains the document posted below. The opening paragraph translated:

Our Statement Regarding the Question of the Poles within the Reich

The Reichsführer SS and Chief of the German Police has decreed by order of Reichsmarschall Göring and others, that all male and female workers of Polish descent are at all times bound to visibly display on the right hand side of the chest on each piece of clothing the cloth badge pictured on the right in its actual size. The badge is to be permanently sown on.”

I recommend going back to post #17 to read the rest of the translation of this fascinating document.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you for the clear answer!! .

Rgrds, Pieter.

Hello! I just registered for this site and am finding it all tremendously fascinating!

My grandparents were both Polish citizens when WW2 began. My grandfather was captured by the Soviets in Polkowo and would eventually go on to become a member of the Polish 2nd Corps. My grandmother was born and living in Dawidgrodek (then part of Eastern Poland, but now Davyd-Haradok, Belarus). I remember when I was growing up that she told me stories of first being under Soviet occupation and then in 1941 was under Nazi occupation. She had also told me that under the Soviets, things were very strict and she was forced to sell bread and make a daily quota. However, with the Nazis she was sent to a munitions factory and had to live in a camp with other prisoners. I'm assuming this would have been a forced labour camp? I'm trying to discover more of their history and have sent off for my grandfather's war file, but I'm somewhat stuck on my grandmother. If anyone can shed any light on this it would be tremendously appreciated. If this was a forced labour camp, would there be any way to try to track down her information card or any documentation?

My grandmother helped raise me and I had an amazing connection to her and with her passing away a couple years ago I've felt this need to try to learn everything I can about both of their lives. Thanks

Hello guys,
    I am asking for opinions. Original?

While it looks OK I can’t be 100% certain from photos alone as these have been copied quite accurately. I’d need to do an in-hand inspection and compare to my father’s “P” which he kept as a not-so-happy souvenir of his forced servitude.

Regards,
    Tony

PS By the way, I noticed that you also posted this question elsewhere. Multiple posts of the same question are unnecessary.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi, if you are interested, i have an Adrema Adressograph for sale in good working condition!Polish Forced Labour (Zwangsarbeiter/Fremdarbeiter) collection

Quote by StefanM View Post
    An Ordinance of the Ministry of Interior police of 19 June 1944 praised the work of the "Eastern workers" and issued a new identity system for them: Ukrainians would have an oval sun flower wreath in blue with a trident in blue and yellow, White Russians (Byelorussians) with spike and gear in white-red and Russians a sunflower wreath on a red background design with the blue Andrew's Cross. Allowing the wearing of the national colours was seen as making the previously discriminated against "Eastern workers" valued allies of Nazi Germany in the fight against Bolshevism it was also viewed by the Germans as a kind of social advancement for the East Worker "The 'sub-human' was appointed citizen". This new regulation of course did not apply to Polish workers.

I have had these two examples (Russian and Ukrainian) for a while but suspect they may not be genuine.

Attachment 277336 Attachment 277339

This change of regulation IMO makes it even less likely for a US serviceman to have found a stack of previous design "OST" patches almost a year after the new ones were introduced. But I guess strange things do happen.
    Yes, these are two fake! Confident of 1000%

chrissark , try joining these 2 sites on face book , they are really helpful aswell,WW2 - 2 KORPUS POLSKI,Kresy-Siberia Group

Default question

Hello

Its any chance to use this photo to book about forced laborer ?
    Please let me know

Best Regards
    Norbert

I have never before seen a Polish forced worker wearing a sewn-on 'Pole' patch as well as the mandatory <P>?

Very interesting.

Has anyone seen this 'Pole' patch before?

If I had seen such a patch for sale I would presume it was at best a 'fantasy' piece ... just proves there is always something new to learn every day [/QUOTE]

Here is a Book I have recently read. Titled : " To keep memories ". It was published by Foundation for Polish-German Reconciliation in 2005. In Polish. There were plans to put out 10 volumes of Forced Laborers / Concentration Camp victims memories. This is volume one.
    Horryfing memories..

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast