Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish group questions

Article about: Hello guys, here's a group that i would discuss.. What's Original and what not? Paperwork looks good to me, but why enlisted in 1946?- occupation duty...? I would be grateful to here your co

Default Polish group questions

Hello guys,

here's a group that i would discuss.. What's Original and what not?
    Paperwork looks good to me, but why enlisted in 1946?- occupation duty...?

I would be grateful to here your comments guys!!
    Many thanx so far;
    rgrds, Pieter.

Very nice group. All original.

Most likely a former forced worker or the like. Many of these guys did not join up until after the war.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very nice group. All original.

Most likely a former forced worker or the like. Many of these guys did not join up until after the war.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanx Ade;

My eye just felt on the tekst in red on the paybook; ENLISTED PRC; maybe he was a part of the Polish ressetlement corps?
    That can also declare the late enlistment.
    Also the last residence on the paybook marks BELGIUM (1945-1948).

But what ten with the army number that was scratched? Seems to been extended when the PRC was applied..

Thanx;
    Pieter.

"PRC" would be Polish Ressetlement Corps.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    "PRC" would be Polish Ressetlement Corps.
    Correct,
    But when you read the pay book you read that his last adress outside the uk was belgium, means this that this corps went to belgium to work with veterans? The date 1945-1948 is possible, because i know that polish soldiers were stationed in belgium till 1948, but he enlisted in 1946 for the corps?? And what with that other serial number that was dissabled on the papers; a transit maybe to another unit/corps? But then the dates are not correct in the book...

Rgrds, Pieter.