Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 102 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

one more picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Mariusz, thanks for sharing what is a very rarely seen pre-WW2 vintage piece. Wonderful to see.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    Recently purchased with a lot of 3 DSK insignia: a lead cast eagle, with no pin and damaged. Maybe not the best of specimens, but still I guess is a good one, even if I have never come across a lead one... what's the opinion of the experts?
    no opinions, then? are lead eagles somehow attested? the rest of the lot was perfectly OK....

Fellows
    Another "subject" to be ID - perhaps not necessarily associated with WW2 Free Forces, but I think it is worth posting and try to discover what it is.

It has come up in the USA.
    It features the Eagle without the crown and of the specific shape (no Haller / No pre 39 / No PRL) and is linked with a sort of "military cross"

I find this pin unusual - it most likely can be linked with patriotic / paramilitary Polish organisation in the USA - but I am not sure.
    It could be linked to the Polish recruitment effort in the USA during WWI etc?

Any thoughts?
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

?

The fastener appears to be an earring if there is a pair of them I would conclude they are earrings.

Throughout the early 20th century there was all sorts of patriotic Polish jewelry. In Wojciech Stela's book, Polish Honor Honor and Commemorative Badges 1914-1918 & 1918-192 he dedicates four pages to them.

cheers,

Piwo

Fellows,
    I have come across the following pictures - that seem to feature the same Eagle.
    Any clues?

Quote by Piwo2 View Post
    The fastener appears to be an earring if there is a pair of them I would conclude they are earrings.

Throughout the early 20th century there was all sorts of patriotic Polish jewelry. In Wojciech Stela's book, Polish Honor Honor and Commemorative Badges 1914-1918 & 1918-192 he dedicates four pages to them.

cheers,

Piwo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Recently sold on ebay – as part of bigger set – 2 interesting Eagles
    1. lower line – right corner (casted) – very interesting variant
    2. top line – left corner (casted PAF) – not sure about it (date of production)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Good pictures of one of the casted variant (previously identified / categorised)

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    An interesting Eagle found recently in Poland.
    The owner categorised it as the Eagle made by WILHELM DEUMER-LUDENSCHEID of Germany – and of that I am not 100% sure.

Deumer is presented on
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...agles-1980-75/

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    Just to continue with some interesting Free Forces Eagles recently found in Poland.

Variants below – I see for the first time.

Have any of you got the photographic / written records that would feature the Eagles with “regimental shields / nr” – I have come across none – but that does not mean by any token that they did not exist as clearly Eagles like that – were most likely “one-offs”.
    Neither I do know the official permissions / orders allowing to use Eagles withy “regimental nr” – in fact, there had been orders requesting the removal of “regimental nr” – that is why the small arm badges for 1 and 3 – Polish Tank Regiments stationed in Scotland / UK are extremely rare to find (they had been removed from the uniforms in 1942, if i remember correctly).

Thoughts?
    Additional examples of Eagles with the “regimental nrs” etc?

Polish Hat Eagles