Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 105 of 226 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows

Just briefly to share with you another positive “Identification / Categorisation” – looks like we have uncovered another very interesting variant to be added to our library of Eagles of the Polish Free Forces

Please see the distinctive features – between Pictures Below and Pictures on the Link – “golden looking Eagle”
    - Avers – “dent” on right side
    - “Broken bik”
    - Revers – “dent” left side of neck – just below the head

The fastening and materials appear different – and perhaps the “golden one” is a “re-cast”

Link
    Post nr 877

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...gles-1980-88/2

Hope You like this small discovery!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows – perhaps we can ID this Eagle?

You may remember (have records – would be even better!!) – of the ebay listing that closed a few months ago.

The old and destroyed hat with the Plastic Eagle was featured. It was described as a hat of some sort of “Polish National Alliance / ex-combatants association” of USA (most likely beginning of last century).

I think – this was the one / details as follows – but, do not have records of it

- WWI Polish American Hat
    - #131090932464 - eBay (all)
    - Ended 2014-01-17 11:03:33

I have been send the pictures (attached) with the request for ID – I do not have Eagle's dimensions - only photo – but – from memory, the shape is similar.

It would be good to see the records of that listing to compare.

Perhaps one of you know what it may be / relate to?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Very good pictures send to me recently – featuring the very interesting pattern / version of the Patriotic Eagle (before 39).

I think worth posting!

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Hi Artur, very popular and widely produced. I understand they were being made right up until the 1980's. The one posted has all the makings of an early piece, such as the one shown in this Legion era photo:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,
    I have been sent this picture – featuring a very nice set of Eagles – more likely produced to become a one off gift rather than a military symbol used in practice.

Unfortunately – we will most likely not find out the period / manufacturers etc.
    However – various similar examples are found in Polish groupings of ww2 and we have featured similar – on previous posts too.

Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows
    Pictures send to me today - one more unknown Eagle – perhaps we can find the second specimen and catalogue / add to our library of variants?

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Step by step – the research continues!
    Looks like the – metal version existed too. And, importantly, the picture gives a good feel for relative size of this unusual eagle.
    I still have no idea if this variant relates to Free Forces and /or some sort of Polish National Alliance organisation.
    But clearly this particular variant – can now be added to our “library”!

I think it is a significant discovery!
    Hope You like it!!!

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows – perhaps we can ID this Eagle?

You may remember (have records – would be even better!!) – of the ebay listing that closed a few months ago.

The old and destroyed hat with the Plastic Eagle was featured. It was described as a hat of some sort of “Polish National Alliance / ex-combatants association” of USA (most likely beginning of last century).

I think – this was the one / details as follows – but, do not have records of it

- WWI Polish American Hat
    - #131090932464 - eBay (all)
    - Ended 2014-01-17 11:03:33

I have been send the pictures (attached) with the request for ID – I do not have Eagle's dimensions - only photo – but – from memory, the shape is similar.

It would be good to see the records of that listing to compare.

Perhaps one of you know what it may be / relate to?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows
    Great picture of the France 39/40
    Picture can be enlarged.

Fellows

Our small research project is continuing!

Can we identify / categorise – this one – by finding a similar specimen?

Looks to me like the eagle that belongs to the “family” of “simplified polish eagles” – field made in Middle East or Egypt – 40/45.
    This particular one – seems to be re-cast of the known and rare “ancestor” that itself is stamped from brass sheet (unfortunately – I do not have good pictures).

Pictures can be enlarged

Artur, it reminds me of the "Bari" eagle covered earlier in post #344:

Polish Hat Eagles

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne