Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 108 of 226 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 118 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

yes - it is!
    the same fixing as at Sikorski's (sorry I have not taken the pics)

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    a close one

Fellows
    More important discoveries from the treasure box at Sikorski's - the casted 40mm Eagles (based on Guant ) - characteristic version without the small Pilsudski's Legions Shield.

2 different variants - both look similar to some specimens published on the forum before - this therefore adds to the body of evidence and knowledge .

However, the ????s remain - who had come up with the idea to remove the Legions' Shield?. Most likely we will never know, but I would think such action may have had political motivations.

Looking at various patterns Eagles of Free Forces - seems to me that - only in 3 cases the Legions' Shield "survived" the test of time and political trends.

Please post - if you have similar / identical!

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Fellows

This is an incredible picture - fund it today doing some research - featuring the regimental banners of the Blue Army - Eagles - well visible!
    Pic can be enlarged.
    Source Fr National Archives.

Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows,

I have been lucky to take the below pictures at Sikorski's - and I think they provides an another small step to understand various designs of Eagles used by Polish Free Forces of WW2 and beyond.

Photo album with clear provenience - dedicated to polish guards / security units attached to US Army - Camp Kosciuszko.

I am not an expert on helmets - but some of you more experienced collectors in the subject - may actually have such helmet.
    However, I would think - it probably is "one -off and very rare item" and to avoid it being copied on the basis of the picture (that will not be difficult by skilled counter-fitters) - i have taken a liberty of removing some relevant details. Idea is to balance the noble objective of knowledge sharing with all of You with the collateral damage as a result of giving materials for less considerate fellows to profit.

Hope that is OK.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

I am very happy to share with you some new and no doubts relevant information.

While researching the Plk Mincer's Collection at Sikorski, I have come across this very interesting picture and description.

Mincer links this pattern with Munich Germany and dates it for 1946. Eagle is very interesting - as it looks like it is stamped - with a lot of attention to details. Eagle follows pre-war design and size.

We will probably never know - if the stamp was brought over from Poland or was actually made in Germany.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    I wish You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

All the best and I look forward to seeing you in 2015 and progressing further with our ambitions and plans to "identify" even more Eagles!

Have great time and regards to your Families.

To close the year with an another relevant find / identification – please see below – hope You like it.

I have come across a very relevant picture / leaflet – that features the banner / flag - with a very characteristic Eagle.

Leaflet (dated precisely January 8th 1916) mentions “Relief for Poland effort” that had been managed by an organization known as - Polish Information Committee (based in 110 St Martin’s Lane in London).

Please also see the picture of Miss Laurence Alma Tadema (daughter of a famous painter) – and it looks like there had been a “badge version” of such Eagle too.

I do not think – that this particular variant - has ever been categorized / described to date – in any literature on the subject.

To add to the “mystery of that Eagle” - there are many interesting and unexplained facts / motives - behind the Polish Information Committee and activities of Miss Laurence Alma Tadema and her links to British Secret Service – during the years of WW1 in the context of political conflict(s) between Pilsudski and Dmowski in relation to the “shape of independent Poland”.

Perhaps this “British / Belgian” Eagle will sometime be found – to add to library of Eagles that had been minted during WW1 by Polish exile communities in USA, France, Canada - in the effort to advance / publicize the struggle for independence.

Picture can be enlarged.

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Hello,

Here're some of my WW2 Polish Eagles
    1. Made from sheet brass, which has been hand stamped and artisan worked in Palestine.
    2. A mint British made Polish Eagle with copper loop and split pin fastening. Spink? I'am not sure.

Regards
    Alex S

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi Aleks,

Thanks for sharing a couple of your eagle badges. Fine examples . Yes, eagle #2 is generally attributed by some to Spink & Son.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony,

Thank you for confirming that this is Spink& Son eagle badge(#2)Could you please tell me when eagle badge was made? 1940 or later? Thank you

Regards
    Aleks S

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Yes, eagle #2 is generally attributed by some to Spink & Son.
    By others, including Kosa to Firmin.

Best,

Kosa