Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 115 of 226 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Thank you kindly, Artur!

Here's mine 12 Lancers plastic eagle badge by A Stanley and Sons Walsall, one of my favourite.
    Thank you

Regards
    A.S.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

I like this variant too!

Quote by AlexKG200 View Post
    Here's mine 12 Lancers plastic eagle badge by A Stanley and Sons Walsall, one of my favourite.
    Thank you

Regards
    A.S.

Fellows,

Slightly unusual post - but featuring a very symbolic Eagle with the great story attached and one of the most relevant (in my humble opinion) artefacts that can be seen at the Sikorski's Institute in London.

Initially the Eagle was used to decorate the entrance to the HQ of the Polish Navy in Gdynia. In 1939, it was removed by the invaders "for custody" and found its way to Wilhelmshaven, the major German Navy base, where it was centrally displayed proudly at the Officers' Club as the major "War Trophy" - until - it was found and recovered by the 1 Polish Armoured Division of Gen Maczek in May 1945 following the surrender of the base.

Interestingly enough, Poles did not take an equivalent German Eagle / Badge that was at the centre of the base as the ultimate trophy, just got this one with the view to bring it eventually home.

Cold War started - the Eagle stayed in London for more than 70 years - and history almost done the full circle!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows

Continuing the subject of Eagles / Symbols of Polish Navy - presented below are a few lifetime-classics!
    Again – Sikorski’s Collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    In have been asked to identify this Eagle / pin.

Any ideas?
    It is not an USA “celo” – pin back – so perhaps made in Poland / UK etc.

Most likely some sort of political / national badge rather than military.

GFC
    ?

Made in Poland circa 1987-88
    Part of a set of Polish National Eagles through the ages
    Each attached to a "post card" size sheet of cardboard with notations

Thanks
    That is why I like this forum – people have knowledge and are willing to share!
    Job done – pin identified

Quote by GFC View Post
    Made in Poland circa 1987-88
    Part of a set of Polish National Eagles through the ages
    Each attached to a "post card" size sheet of cardboard with notations

Hello,
    I've obtained this Eagle badge. I haven't managed to I.D. this Bird. No nut, not maker marked, solid strike screw post fixing, probably broken wings(top), J.Gaunt type? I would be greteful for any comments. Thank you
    Regards
    Alex

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello Alex,

Thanks for sharing your new acquisition with us. I’m afraid that this one causes me some concern though. It appears very much to be a reproduction of a Gaunt made eagle, but the similarity ends there. The threaded post is mounting is common to the type found on several known copies. While this could also be a repair, when combined with the overall lack of sharp detail in feathering, talons, crown, and elsewhere along with the pitted surface, unusual clipped wing tips, the outlook is not good. I’m away from home so cannot provide you with side by side comparison to a genuine example, but this would clearly illustrate what I mean. I suspect that if you were to try bending the wings they would do so easily with minimal finger pressure. A genuine die stamped Gaunt will resist bending even with considerable force. Sorry that my opinion is not positive.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne