Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 116 of 226 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Hi Alex,
    Sorry for bringing bad news - I agree with Tony – unfortunately - this “eagle” is a contemporary repo. I have seen a few very similar around very recently (1 year of so).
    It is unfortunate that repos and their manufacturers continue polluting the market and distract / discourage collectors form what fundamentally is not only colleting for “profit” but more-over, very useful research based study of Polish history.

Thank you Tony, thank you Artur, good lesson for me, I've learned that I still have a lot to learn!
    Tony, you have right regarding bending the wings, I can do it easily,
    Artur, Indeed absolutely true with regards to collecting.
    Gents, once again thank you for your comments!

Regards
    Alex

Hi Alex, Hopefully the seller will give you refund.

Quote by AlexKG200 View Post
    Tony, you have right regarding bending the wings, I can do it easily
    About a dozen years ago cast copies in a soft copper alloy hit the market, one of which ended up in my collection at the time. These ones were copies of the Gaunt with the twin prong style fastening, but very faithfully and precisely reproduced with prongs broken away. Although bending isn’t the most recommended method of gauging authenticity, a gentle application of finger pressure can reveal much. With a genuine Gaunt badge this would not happen, at least not easily. These badges were stamped flat from heavy gauge hard alloy steel and issued flat. Once in the hands of the soldier they often underwent a process where the wings were arced back and the amazon shield bent to fit the profile of the headwear they were being applied to. A male of average strength will really need to work at bending the badge using finger pressure alone. It’s not easy.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony, thank you for more information. I am hoping to obtain genuine Gaunt Eagle badge, marked.
    Gents, I would like to share with you Polish Navy in Exile Eagle badge from my collection. The original fastener has been replaced with two brass lugs. Please, can you verify the badge. Thank you

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Alex, happy to give this one a clean bill of health . It’s known as the “long beak” variant, sometimes attributed to Gaunt although there’s no conclusive confirmation of this. The twin-lug conversion is not unusual with these. I used to have a “długi dziób” just like this. It appears the retaining wires for the anchor haven broken off and it is held on by another means.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony, thank you for positive verification and information. I really appreciate your help. I am back on the right track.
    Regards
    Alex

Two Orzelek cap badges for the consideration of the experts, here: one has got a bolt and a spinner marked "Mennica Panstwowa" then supposedly produce in Poland? The other one has been provide with a sort of safety pin, brooch clasp, quite evidently a field repair or in order to turn it into some sort of sweetheart badge? Thank you for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi
    Thank You for the post.
    The Eagle with reparation – is a classic Polish Free Forces Eagle (army) – understood to be made in the UK, by Spink. To my knowledge 2 variants exist in terms of avers – symmetrical and non-symmetrical (you have the one). In terms of Revers – a number of fixing arrangements are seen from blades to omegas. Some of the variants of fixing are very rare – seen (my experience 1 in 20). Collecting variants – in my view, very much makes sense. More on this Spink Eagle are on previous posts – please have look and try to find variants!

The “menica panstwowa” (national coin-factory in Warsaw) – one, is a contemporary “representation” of the pre-ww2 model(s) / variant(s) . There has been a number of theme and today it is impossible to assess how many variants circulated and / or if this one is a “repo” of an old variant or just an “new design”. The spinner – "Mennica Panstwowa” has been used for various badges between WW2 and late 90ts, but I have never actually seen it being used for Eagle officially by the factory itself. I doubt the eagle was made by Mennica Factory – most likely spinner was added. However, this is only a guess.

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    Two Orzelek cap badges for the consideration of the experts, here: one has got a bolt and a spinner marked "Mennica Panstwowa" then supposedly produce in Poland? The other one has been provide with a sort of safety pin, brooch clasp, quite evidently a field repair or in order to turn it into some sort of sweetheart badge? Thank you for your help!

Thank you Wadowniczic: I am perfectly aware that the spinner supposedly produced by the "State Mint" could be rather a repro or to be very much post war (i guess in the PRL the Mennica Panstowa had not changed its name), whereas I would be very interested in ascertaining whether the badge itself is authentic or a repro: I am therefore adding more pictures for your consideration. Or maybe I should have spared myself the effort, since in your post you stated quite clearly this is a contemporary reproduction!

Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi Loupie,

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    . . . I would be very interested in ascertaining whether the badge itself is authentic or a repro
    This is a modern made eagle that reinterprets the pre-war wz.19 pattern. So not technically a copy. This is a product of Piotr Olek, circa 1970-80.

Cheers,
    Tony