Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 119 of 226 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 169 219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows
    Further to my previous post - below re Polish White Cross
    I have located this exceptional picture - dating back to 1918
    source - PAF archive

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,

Finally (good news!) - I have come across a very good quality picture of the badge of the Polish White Cross - that features a very characteristic Eagle. Badge is small badge c 3x3cm.

More on the Polish White Cross and its contribution / association with the Polish military at the beginning of XXc can be found - on page 104 post 1038.

At present - I do not have any more information as to the date / manufacturer of the badge - it could be made in Poland before WW2 and / or in France during WW1. The US made version of the badge existed also.

Perhaps any of you can share pictures / knowledge re Polish White Cross badges / eagles?

I am quite intrigued by the subject - as it seems to be well under researched - and scope for "discoveries" is exciting - perhaps we can build a list of variants?

Attachment 790859
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

A Few Eagles from Polish Army Museum in Warsaw
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows,

This particular set was found and sold in Poland recently. It consist of a very rare Eagle (per my experience) .

It is the French made by Aluv... of Paris - version dated for late 1939 early 40. This particular variant with the characteristic fastening - is seldom seen.

I wish I found one like that!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

I have been very much intrigued by this particular vintage photo - which I have received from a friend, recently.

Although - of poor quality, it appears to feature folks wearing - Armia Polska - Eagle, that was made for US / Canadian volunteers who joined Haller's Army in France in 1917/18 and arrived in Poland subsequently and returned to US in 1920.
    This particular and iconic Eagle has been well explained in various posts previously.

However, what is unusual and very interesting - is the type of uniform(s). Typically - this Eagle "goes along" with French uniform(s).

This unusual combination could be "anything" - a) early days of Volunteers' Association and / or b) US Army soldiers of Polish origin or c) liaisons.

As I ma not an expect in US / English uniforms. Perhaps some of you could contribute quality answers and we make collectively another step in understanding the "stories of Eagles"?.

Excellent Pictures!
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    Progressing with my research - I have come across this very interesting picture. It features an officer of the Blue Army. Please notice a very unusual Eagle - that to my knowledge (but I may be wrong) - has not yet been seen / described in any literature.
    It has a very distinctive shape / design.
    It may well be a patriotic badge - used at the time of need. But equally, it could be a military purpose Eagle.

Whatever the actual reality was - I think it is a very interesting variant and we can add it to "the family". Perhaps, one day an actual specimen will be found!

Polish Hat Eagles

Hello,

I want to share with you my small Eagle badge. Looks like Wilhelm Deumer made Eagle, I have learned from 'Polish hat eagles' thread, Very small Eagle badge, measures 35x 24mm, nickel plated brass, Vertical safety pin with 'C' catch. I was wondering whether anyone could tell me if this specific Eagle badge was one of the W. Deumer variants? I want to confirm with you. I will greatly appreciate any comments.

Kind Regards
    Alex

Alex,
    I would not exclude a possibility that this design (due to similarities) is actually connected somehow to products of WILHELM DEUMER-LUDENSCHEID of Germany. However, I do not think we can be definitive at this stage.
    WILHELM DEUMER's products are features on page 102 of this forum.

I would say that this small eagle - is actually quite rare.

Artur, Thank you. I really appreciate your comment.

Regards
    A.S.

Fellows,

I find it rewarding - if I can provide / share some relevant knowledge re Polish Eagles of WW2 (especially, it was hard to obtain it in the first place!)

I wish I did know more - but, the reality is that despite the fact that many Eagles have been identified / maker(s) established etc - there still remains a large number of Eagles that need more systematic research in archives.

However, I am very pleased to communicate that - the article published in the official magazine of Polish National Rememberence Institute that researches the Orzeł Samuela Kretschmera - is now downloadable and evaluable for all of you to enjoy.

Pami

I can only say that the story of Kretschmera is just incredible at every level and it is very sentimental (the life of Kretschmer was connected with Poland).

I hope You will find the article informative as it solves a few "mysteries" when it comes to collecting WW2 militaria (not only Polish but also British and Australians).

Tony should be happy with discoveries re KW.

It took a few years to track down all this info - but, I believe it was worth it.

Special appreciation goes to, best in class expert Tomek Z, without whom the work would have not been finished (or even emerged!) to such high professional standard.

Please provide comments and let us know what you think!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles