Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 120 of 226 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Artur, please accept my congratulations on the publishing of the article co-authored between you and Mr. Zawistowski. And yes, the discovery that Kretschmer was the producer of this KW type along with the KZ and Army Medal for War 1939-45 was exciting. Slowly but surely thanks to the efforts of serious students of the subject such as yourself long awaited answers are coming to light. Thank you again, and congratulations again.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 07-09-2015 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Typo
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I will echo Tony's comments. Congratulations. Great work. Thank you.

Artur, I would like to congratulate you on the article! Well done!

Regards
    Alex

Fellows
    I am happy to report - another super relevant identification - of what could be one of the rarest Eagle of Polish Free Forces.
    You may remember the post below (page 104).
    Actually - the archives of Sikorski's - provide the answer.
    It is incredible discovery! - I would say
    Now the serious work in front of all of us - to find the Eagle like this!!!!.
    I have never seen one - in collections - only at Sikorski.
    Hope You like it!

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    One more puzzle to crack!
    Perhaps we are going to be lucky to ID / categorise another variant.

This set was located a few weeks ago in Poland and listed for an auction.

Amongst the various artefacts – a very interesting Eagle was found.

I find it intriguing, assuming that the set relates to the same person – I see
    The following question;

Why would an Air Force person had kept a field made Eagle – seeing and having access to very attractive designs available both in France and UK – unless the Eagle had huge sentimental value for him?
    So perhaps – we are looking at one of the first versions of Eagle made for Polish Forces on Exile – perhaps early French period and /or somewhere “on the road” between Poland and France?

Has anybody seen a similar specimen?

Service book – belongs to an aircraft mechanic from 315 Squadron – who was evacuated to UK via Balkans, Middle East and from France (06/40) to the UK.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

a77
    ?

Hello.
    Here is very nice set after Ludwik Różycki.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello a77,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing these eagles with us. Do you have any more information on the veteran who originally owned these badges?

Regards, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

a77
    ?

Hello.
    I've bought those set on the allegro last year. Someone was selling memorabilia after his grandfather (for example Monte Cassino Cross and a lot more).
    I was able to find information about Ludwik Rózycki (born 1898) at this site:
    Indeks Represjonowanych | Wyszukiwanie

All the best!
    Andrzej

Seems Im in the right place, can anyone tell me about this Polish cap badge I picked up from the markets in New Zealand recently
    Dose the ingraving have anything to do with the former owners unit ??
    I know the Kiwis fought with the Poles at Mt Cassino so that's how this could have ended up way over here.

Polish Hat Eagles

Hello Kiwiwreckdiver,

The date on the cap badge does not relate to any unit, in September 1940 the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade was stationed in Palestine before moving to Egypt and then onto Tobruk in August 1941.

I am sorry that I can not give you any real answer to your question.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Welcome!
    it is a very interesting Eagle - can You post better pictures avers and revers?.
    With the probability of 99% - looks to me like so called French version 1939 by well known maker Alu... of Paris.

If this particular Eagle is related to SBSK (of which I am not sure). The date is interesting - it is just 4 days - before September 30th 1940 that was a day where orders had been issued for SBSK to move form Palestine to Egypt.
    What is interesting about this Eagle - It looks like it is in mint condition, that suggests that it had some sentimental value for its owner.

Generally speaking - it is hard to find actual specimens of Alu... Paris Eagles with SBSK items - as only a few officers / NCO had been send to Syria to form the unit - majority of volunteers arrived as "civilians" form various places starting from Poland, Romania, Hungary and Shanghai.
    Eagles from the "Syrian period of SBSK" are very rare and, in fact, research is not conclusive as to the actual design of those Eagles (as they had been field made). Number of the field made, use Alu..as the initial pattern for a cast.

My bet - would be - that this Eagle actually belonged to a person who crossed over to Switzerland with 2nd Rifles Div and / or somebody who "crossed" to England with 1st Grenadiers Div, or somebody who did stay in France.

Quote by kiwiwreckdiver View Post
    Seems Im in the right place, can anyone tell me about this Polish cap badge I picked up from the markets in New Zealand recently
    Dose the ingraving have anything to do with the former owners unit ??
    I know the Kiwis fought with the Poles at Mt Cassino so that's how this could have ended up way over here.

Polish Hat Eagles