Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 123 of 226 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

..one more from my collection, unissued Eagle badge, Italian made, Lorioli Fratelli.

Cheers
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Friends,

Again - I am very happy share with you, so I think, is one of the most relevant findings re history of Polish Military / Paramilitary Eagle(s).

Finally, I have been lucky to apprehend good quality picture of the Eagle used by "Kosciuszko's / Pulaski's Ulans" in the USA at the beginning of XX century.

I wish - I was lucky to the find one. Great thanks to friend as IPMS.

Hope You like it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Default converted marynarka wojenna eagle

resourceful Poles

I just picked this sand cast eagle up today. It looks quite rough. Could anyone tell me anything about it? Any opinions would be appreciated. Cheers.

Polish Hat Eagles  

Thanks for sharing your new acquisition. Sorry to say that I am less comfortable with this eagle than most, but not yet relegating it to the fake bin. Differences from known genuine examples (plenty of which are posted throughout this thread) include:

1) cruder than usual sand-cast surface
    2) rear is ground down flat (these typically have some degree of vaulting)
    3) variation in threaded post mounting (soldered on with nut as a base) – assuming this is not a repair

Artur is the member who has studied these APW eagles for years and I expect he’ll be chiming in before long to share his knowledge and opinion.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for the reply. I just picked it up on the off chance with some other badges, but I have no experience with Polish eagles although I know some were sand cast. As you say though, this one does appear to be cruder than usual. Cheers.

Hi
    Thanks for the post!
    It is always good to see - new variants that require research - that is what this hobby is all about - research!

In terms of this Eagle.
    Although a) in principle I agree very much with Tony re unusual features that point to "contemporary product", b) personally, I have never seen the Eagle that is similar / identical and c) this variant has not yet been presented / IDed on the forum - it would be, in my opinion, too premature for you to feel disappointed and assume that it is a "contemporary copy with no value".

Goes without saying that with field-made Eagles the tasks of IDing / categorising them is hard - and until some clues are found (second specimen + quality period photos etc) - no clear conclusions can be made. Perhaps similar Eagle is found + period pictures, or even a hat with it.

I would say - that our forum - with the tremendous contribution of various participants - provides the very comprehensive and free source of knowledge on the variants of field-made Eagles. Happy with the achievements, to date, I am very certain that there must have been more variants and eventually they may be found.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I just picked it up on the off chance with some other badges, but I have no experience with Polish eagles although I know some were sand cast. As you say though, this one does appear to be cruder than usual. Cheers.

a77
    ?

Here are some of mine.
    Navy and plastic are popular.

Alvoine is my favorite

Regards,
    Andrzej

a77
    ?

Another one.

Andrzej

Andrzej
    Congratulations - super collection!
    My favourite is the "symmetrical" Spink made of steel - grate condition and the intact fastening - nice early issue!
    Last edited by wadowicznic; 08-29-2015 at 05:00 PM.