Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 124 of 226 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

I second that - nice collection Andrzej

My favourite of these types is the Scully, post #1229. Partly because of the beautiful high quality stamping these are known for, and partly because of the Canadian pedigree!

Polish Hat Eagles

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

a77
    ?

Thanks for yours opinions
    Here is Scully's reverse.
    I'm wonder what does mean scratch on the shield? Ł.A.D.?

All the best!
    Andrzej
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

Next small research project one more time - see attached.

I have no idea at the moment what the context of this Eagle may be - civil organisation, association with military / POWs or just a hand made item for tourists, or perhaps "one off" personal item.
    Eagle itself of a very interesting design - slight resemblance of pre-ww1 pattern(s).

Dimensions c10x7cm - material some sort of artificial substance.

Any suggestions welcome!

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Fellows,

I think this particular find – is well worth sharing with You - as it materially extends the knowledge re WW2 Polish Helmets and Eagles.

Actually – it looks like at the early stage of its existence some small units of the Polish Army in the UK used the Adrian’s Helmets with the “White Painted Eagle”. I do not think that this fact is well known, neither i know the publication that features such confirmation.

I have come across – very relevant pictures at Sikorski featuring the crew of the Polish Armoured Train nr 4 that was stationed in Dunfermline, Scotland. Pictures had been taken on 8.11.1940.

I have never seen such helmet, and easily conclusion can be made that, this “UK Adrian” actually may be one of the rarest Polish WW2 helmets.

I am publishing this find – realising the risk that most likely (and sadly!!!), some “clever folks” will soon find “an authentic” one and offer on the market as the “find of lifetime”.
    I would say that probability that an authentic one survived - is zero!
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Hello Wadowicznic,

I just thought that you might also like to see the following colour photograph of President Raczkiewicz visiting Dunfermline on the 8th November 1940.

Polish Hat Eagles

The above photograph is also from the PISM Archives

Best wishes

Andrzej

Fellows,

This was an interesting set - 2 Eagles we have discussed / IDed before - with a characteristic "dot".
    I would say - we can officially add this variant to "must have" list.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Here are my two example of Polish Air Force in Exile cap badge Eagles, on the right English made, and on the left S. Johnson- Milano, Italian made (unfortunately without the maker marked nut) Thank you

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

I am happy to report an anther mega relevant find – I think!.

This actually may be one of the rarest WW2 Polish Navy related Eagles.

Archives of Sikorski’s include a small set of pictures taken at the “Polish Navy School” at Makindu in (at that time) British Eastern Africa. location is known to house one the camps for displaced persons / Polish refuges following evacuation from CCCP - many locations across Africa were used.

Pictures are dated - 14 VI 1944, Makindu.

In terms of the Eagle. Although the pictures are not definitive – it looks (after enlarging) that the actual shape / size of the Eagle are not similar to the known WW2 variants made in the UK.

Clearly, no definitive conclusion as of yet – until the actual specimen is found – but, I would say that we looking at a real rarity - "unidentified variant" here!
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows,
    I think it is worth posting - on of the PAF eagles in Sikorski's Institute Collection.

Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    One more from the Sikorski's Collection - I would say - incredible / high-quality work.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles