Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 125 of 226 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . . Actually – it looks like at the early stage of its existence some small units of the Polish Army in the UK used the Adrian’s Helmets with the “White Painted Eagle”. I do not think that this fact is well known, neither I know the publication that features such confirmation.

I have come across – very relevant pictures at Sikorski featuring the crew of the Polish Armoured Train nr 4 that was stationed in Dunfermline, Scotland. Pictures had been taken on 8.11.1940. . .
    Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    I just thought that you might also like to see the following colour photograph of President Raczkiewicz visiting Dunfermline on the 8th November 1940.

Attachment 877210
    Thanks for posting these pics guys.

More from this day can be viewed here in post #46, from the Ludwik Witkowski photo album:

Polish Military Mission in Canada during WW2

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hello All,
    New to fourm and would like opinions on this eagles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Fot. 2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The first eagle looks typical of those produced in the field, often in the Middle East.

The second one on the alloy plate I have not seen before? Others will hopefully be able to help.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great Link - Tony!
    Eagles / Helmets are well visible on Witkowski's pictures

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Thanks for posting these pics guys.

More from this day can be viewed here in post #46, from the Ludwik Witkowski photo album:

Polish Military Mission in Canada during WW2

Regards,
    Tony

Exceptional quality pictures of the 40mm Eagle by J. R. Gaunt & Son
    Polish Classic!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    A very nice example of the Polish V-pin - an original design and quality assembly.
    Small research task - I think - it would be good to collect a few examples of Polish V-pins to get the better feel as to the designs / variants that had been in circulation.

Please post what you have!

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    I have just received these very good quality pictures - featuring the eagle that is understood to be associated with Polish patriotic / fraternal organisations in the USA / Canada - early to mid XXc.
    However, I am yet to find some pictorial evidence of its application.
    We have discussed this Eagle previously - but attached pictures are crisp and crystal - well worth posting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

Interesting casted Eagle with 4 "Omegas" - is being added to our data-base of designs.

At this stage, I am not sure of its manufacturer / provenience - etc - so until another specimen is found / pictorial evidence located - we keeping it on the "list of unidentified"

Last edited by wadowicznic; 09-27-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Great Pictures!

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles