Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 127 of 226 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Do not have the revers - unfortunately

Quote by Krakow1 View Post
    What is the back of it look like ?

?

Hi Wadowicznic,

This WII underground production from the Kielce region. Stamped steel and/or zinc alloy. This is believed to be both the AK and NSZ hat eagle.

Best,
    Kosa

Many thanks - greatly appreciated.
    I had some suspicion / circumstantial clues that this particular variant is associated with - the home army.
    I need to do some research when in Krakow - I would think they may have some interesting Home Army / AK Eagles at the AK Museum that was opened a few years ago. On Museum's web-page a number of quality items are displayed - unfortunately, not eagles.

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hi Wadowicznic,

This WII underground production from the Kielce region. Stamped steel and/or zinc alloy. This is believed to be both the AK and NSZ hat eagle.

Best,
    Kosa

Hello Folks

Two recent acquisitions. Both standard I think. What is the name of the maker of the one on the left? The cast version has a type of spinner I'e not seen before.

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Here are some pictures of my new eagles. They came to me together,a little strange for a relatively rare birds.

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Two recent acquisitions. Both standard I think. What is the name of the maker of the one on the left? The cast version has a type of spinner I'e not seen before.
    Hi James,

The eagle on the left is a Gaunt & Son, London. The spinner is not original equipment and appears to be one pilfered from the 2nd Corps commemorative badge. The cast middle east eagle also appears to have a replacement spinner.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony - most helpful as ever

Regards James

Fellows

Today - a bit different subject - but, very relevantly connected to the subject of the Eagles.

I recommend the following very interesting links!

#BoBPoles project commemorates Battle of Britain's 75th anniversary

Polish Air Force Veterans

Polish Hat Eagles

?

Quote by Hordeum View Post
    Here are some pictures of my new eagles. They came to me together,a little strange for a relatively rare birds.
    Hi Hordeum,

Nice birds. I'd like to have one of them in my collection

Cheers,
    Kosa

Fellows,
    I have been made aware that the 2 very interesting and rare Eagles have been recently actioned in Poland.

Interestingly, for some time now - I have been trying to search for info / research the variant that is assumed to be associated with the Polish Guards / Labour Units organised by USA Army in Germany (The Eagle with broken fastening).

I have seen a number of pictures associated with Polish Guards + there is also a very good book published in London + there was a conference organised by IPN few years ago + there is a very good album at sikorski.

Unfortunately, I have not been successful in finding source info re this particular variant. Perhaps any of You?
    Eagle is rare - no doubts.

Second is the classic too!

source of pics- allegro
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles