Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 134 of 226 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

CQE
    ?

Gentlemen,

I need help in distinguishing those Eagles in my collection.
    Thanks in advance.

Jurek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Jurek
    Truly a great collection – congratulations. Many rare patterns / types + all the classics!
    Almost all - patterns / types You have – have been explained on the previous pages – hopefully, you will find good reference.
    If You can – I would appreciate if You could post better pictures of the P&B eagle – the 1st form the right in top line.

Quote by CQE View Post
    Gentlemen,

I need help in distinguishing those Eagles in my collection.
    Thanks in advance.

Jurek

Fellows
    Great pictures of the French made 1939 / 40 - Polish Airforce Eagle.
    I do not think we have ever presented this pattern. It is a mega rere find – I would say.
    I need to browse archives at sikorski – to find some pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

CQE
    ?

Dear Wadowicznic,
    thank you very much for your effort and advice where to find information about those Eagles. After almost studying over 130 pages of this forum
    I segregated my Eagles and choose ONLY 14 to ask for help. More will come
    Attached please find 2 pictures of silvery shine one you asked for.
    Thanks again,
    Jurek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Jurek
    Thank You for posting this Eagle. It is interesting that quality "re-prints" of this rare Eagle by P&B have been made.
    I know for 100% that Mr M. Bialkiewicz of London made such "re-print" and I do have an example of his production that i acquired directly almost c8-9 years ago.
    However, the Bilkiewicz's version i know - has traditional thread / nut fastening not the prongs, but clearly there could have been 2 versions. Material and details look very similar

Quote by CQE View Post
    Dear Wadowicznic,
    thank you very much for your effort and advice where to find information about those Eagles. After almost studying over 130 pages of this forum
    I segregated my Eagles and choose ONLY 14 to ask for help. More will come
    Attached please find 2 pictures of silvery shine one you asked for.
    Thanks again,
    Jurek

Jurek
    I have taken the liberty to link the post on 1st Tank regiment into this discussion - as it features and exceptional Eagle

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

CQE
    ?

Polish Air Force Eagles

Fellows,
    Great pictures of the Eagle of "strzelec" Association - one of the few versions

Fellows
    unknown!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

Research pays off!

I am pleased to report - what I think - is one of the best successful identifications / categorisations achieved to date! Hope You like it.
    I have recently located / received the attached pictures - the featured Eagle seems to have the same unique details and surface as the Owczarczyk's / ORP Dragon one.

Looks like the 2nd specimen with distinctive common features.

It is a very relevant find, in my view, and I would say we have again managed collectively identify the very rare variant. It is 1st time for me to see pictures of 2nd such Eagle.

As the Eagle links to the story of ORP Dragon - perhaps, it deserves to be added to our "Forum Catalogue" - and labelled as the Eagle from the ORP Dragon.

I cannot wait to access at Sikorski's some pictures featuring the crew of ORP Dragon and perhaps, there may even be, relevant written records. It would be great to verify form pictorial archives, to establish if more sailors used this Eagle. Or perhaps, only Owczarczyk had one.

We will most likely never find out where this variant was made (my expectation is UK), as the Polish Free Navy was made up of many volunteers who originated from many locations - starting from Argentina / USA / Canada / and finishing on Poles who had been evacuated by Anders form CCCP - the Eagle could have been made in any of those places.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows

Hope You like it!

Najwi

The following link leads to the very interesting article featuring the history of ORP Dragon that was lost by Polish Navy in Normandy and includes the personal story of Wacław Owczarczyk (KIA).
    Please notice the Eagle and dog-tag of Owczarczyk - it is the first time i see the general army Eagle used in the Navy "context".
    Secondly and most importantly - i think we can start hunting for this specific variant - it seems to me that Eagle is "field made casted" of aluminium etc - but has been covered with some sort of "black" coat / paint.
    I have seen a few Eagles with that "black" paint feature - but have not come across good pictures.

Any of You?

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles