Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 136 of 226 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 146 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows
    Very good picture of PAF French made Eagle - for references.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Very good pictures of an early Eagle.
    Courtesy of a Friend

Fellows,

I have just been send the pictures of a very interesting Eagle - that I believe relates for a fundraising effort - presumably in the period 1918-1920.
    Symbolically the "fundraising" Eagle follows the design of a very rare Haller's Army Eagle that was made in France c1917.

Interestingly the design survived until 1939 and re-appeared again - in the from known as being one of the rarest of PSZ
    Eagle (attached). Pictorial archives place this design in at the early stages of establishment of the Polish Army in France.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Default Eeagles of Polish Army in France

Some early eagles of Polish Army in France

Fellows,
    Small research puzzle for all of You!
    Hope You can help!

Please see the attached picture of the Eagle that i have recently acquired – it is a curiosity. Casted of lead.

Over years, i have seen “black Eagles” only couple of times. I have no idea why anybody would paint the Eagle black. Except, in case if it was going to be used during combat – to cover a silvery / shiny colour to increase safety.
    Secondly, i think - the Black Eagle would not work on black beret and / or service cap of olive-green colour, neither.

Perhaps it was used in Polish Guard’s Units in Germany / France – where less strict arrangements re uniforms had been applied. Perhaps it is some sort of POW / early liberation production etc

Perhaps – just contemporary – although, i do not think so.

I have so far have not found any pictorial references.
    Perhaps any of You has a “black Eagle” in a collection – any references would be helpful
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

I have the Polish Eagle hat badge with the V but my badge has red white and blue on the right as you look at it, can anyone give me any history of the badge.My Grandfather had a Polish friend during the war who gave him it.
    Edwin

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    for your viewing pleasure....................... Silver Lvov and another. I assume the colours of the chevron refer to Poland's national colours and one of the lancer units. the " black " portion is actually a dark blue.
    I have the same badge but with the colours opposite any thoughts I am a new member I hope I am doing this correctly.
    Edwin

Hi I am a new member and I have joined this forum to try and identify this hat eagle badge with the V but the colours are reversed,My grandfather gave me this badge which he brought back from
    the war so I would have no reason to doubt its authenticity but I can find no info on it at all,I would be grateful for any ideas which would also gave me a clue to how my Grandfather came by it,Thanking you in anticipationPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles
    Edwin

Edwin
    Firstly, welcome to the forum and many thanks for posting the Eagle.

You may want to see some of the earlier posts - to compare your Eagle with specimens of similar design / variant.

Generally speaking, as often in case of Polish ww2 Eagles, in this particular case it is - unfortunately - impossible to categorically identify the producer and the period. My personal feeling is that Eagle was produced in the UK (materials and symbols ) and in connection with the V-Day celebration and / or as a general V souvenir that circulated shortly after the war. Having said that, I do not know any pictorial records of this Eagle being in the official circulation amongst Polish military personnel or civilians.

If the Eagle was produced for the V-Day parade that took place in London - this may explain why it is seen relatively often - the reason being that Poles did not participate and nr of Eagles was not used. (only small delegation of the Polish Air Force attended following the RAF protest). The reason why Poles did not participate, actually, deserves a separate post as the story is very interesting and complex. Let's just say, diplomatically, that both sides British and Polish did not do their best to ensure appropriate and respectful outcome in the context of this historic event.

Having said that, i would not exclude that Eagle actually relates to some sort of a civic association that may have been establish to foster solidarity between Poles and British / Scottish. There has been a few of them operating actively during ww2 and after.
    Hope this is helpful.

Quote by EDWIN4759 View Post
    Hi I am a new member and I have joined this forum to try and identify this hat eagle badge with the V but the colours are reversed,My grandfather gave me this badge which he brought back from
    the war so I would have no reason to doubt its authenticity but I can find no info on it at all,I would be grateful for any ideas which would also gave me a clue to how my Grandfather came by it,Thanking you in anticipationPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles
    Edwin

Fellows
    I have recently been shown the attached picture that features Eagle not yet presented on our forum.
    Perhaps some of you know / recognise this variant.?
    I personally have never seen it and / or any pictorial sources. Hard to say if pre-war / home army / or Free Forces.