Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 139 of 226 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows

I have just come across the interesting listing

ORZE

Listing features a very rare Haller's /PSZ Eagle

The seller calls the Eagle - "original".
    I am not so sure - as far as I know - the Eagle was stamped - not casted. Fixing was a vertical pin (attached for reference)

Obviously - I am not suggesting / making any judgement - as it may well be that casted Eagle was made in the period.

Comments please!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

This Fellow May Know!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

a new book about polish eagle available: KATALOG OR

Fellows
    Picture of the very interesting Eagle / Badge of Konary School

Fellows,

Very good pictures of the rare version of the UK made Eagle.
    There is some pictorial evidence placing this variant as early as 1941/42.
    However, this particular design did not reach the popularity of Eagles by Gaunt or Spink. Perhaps because this particular shape did not comply with pattern established / approved by Army procurement in 1939/40, while still on French soil. Gount or Spink "followed" the initially approved in France design.

As far i know there are 2 versions of this Eagle - one with omegas and second with prongs (this version is silverised)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Last edited by wadowicznic; 03-06-2016 at 02:13 AM.

a77
    ?

Hello.
    My next one. Palestine from 1940.

All the best,
    Andrzej

Hello!

I have one question about this stamped Gaunt eagle. What do you think about fastening? I have no idea if it original one, I've never seen this kind of blades in revearse, but finishing is really well made.

Best Regards
    MichalPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Michal
    Personally - I have never seen the fastening like this one - but that does not mean definitively that such version did not exist.
    As you may know, there is a version of this Eagle with 2 blades. However, in terms of distinctive features, each blade is attached independently, Eagles do not have maker's stamps and are usually oxidised.
    Perhaps your Eagle was repaired at some point.

Fellows
    Next small but very relevant step to further research in the subject of Polish Eagles.
    Excellent pictorial evidence - featuring mega rare - Polish YMCA Eagle

Zofia Wisniewska was born in Warsaw, Poland, on March 1, 1910. She received a Master’s in Law from the University of Warsaw in 1934. Due to her father’s early death in 1930, she completed her studies while working at the Polish Consulate in Berlin (1931-1936). When WWII broke out, she was working in the Polish consulate in Bratislava, Slovakia, with her first husband, Wojciech Krzyzanowski. The German Military Administration allowed the consulate staff to move onto Romania, where many Polish war refugees congregated briefly. Krzyżanowski worked at the Polish Embassy while Zofia helped organize aid for the refugees. By 1940, she was in Lebanon working for the Polish Red Cross. In 1942, she became the Director of the Polish YMCA attached to the Polish Army in Palestine and Egypt. The organization served both soldiers and children and youth who had reached the Middle East from the Soviet Union when that country joined the allies. After the invasion of Italy, she became Deputy Director of the Polish YMCA attached to the Polish 2nd Corps in Italy (1944-1946) – by the end of 1945, this organization had a staff of 116. After the war, she briefly work with the Polish YMCA in London. Her first marriage was annulled and she married Walter M. Drzewieniecki in Italy in 1945.

When Drzewienieckis immigrated to North America, Zofia worked alongside her husband on their farms in Canada and the U.S. When her husband resumed his studies, she worked as an editor of the Polish weekly Gwiazda Polarna in Stevens Point, Wisconsin and as head of the Post Office of the University of Chicago. When her husband finished his studies, Zofia re-started hers and received a M.S. in Library Science from Syracuse University in 1963. She was the head of Interlibrary Loans and Curator of the Polish Room Collection, Lockwood Library, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1963-1969, and later a cataloger at Butler Library, Buffalo State College, 1969-1971.

The Zofia Drzewieniecki collection includes: documents related to the Polish YMCA attached to the Polish Army in Palestine, Egypt, and Italy including financial reports and correspondence, issues of the publication “Junak” and books published by this Polish YMCA. Photos related to the work of this YMCA are at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ehbutl...7628675784993/ in the section titled “Poland/USSR to the Middle East.” This organization has never been the focus of an academic study. Two other archives have large collections related to its work: the Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences in New York and Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum in London. The Fronczak Room also has the original of the letter from the German Military Commission in Slovakia delivered to the Polish Legation on September 1, 1939, ordering them to leave Slovakia. Finally, the collection includes a variety of Zofia Drzewieniecki’s official documents from the 1940s to the 1970s.

Source
    Zofia Drzewieniecki Collection - Archives and Special Collections - E. H Butler Library CMS at Buffalo State College
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ehbutl...7628675784993/

Fellows,
    Perhaps - You all can help with identification!

I have come across a picture that relates to the auction that took place couple of years ago - it features the great selection of Eagles.
    I am particularly interested in researching further the - 3 specific Eagles - see red circles.
    One of them (Cadets' School) is - I think - actually a breast badge, but clearly worth identifying as well.

Has anyone got some relevant clues - pictures / specimens?