Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 147 of 226 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 157 197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

I have noted the naval type with two types of fixings, one with hinge, pin and clasp, the other with wire prongs, if that is the correct terminology.

Identical twins ? Not quite.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    I have noted the naval type with two types of fixings, one with hinge, pin and clasp, the other with wire prongs, if that is the correct terminology.
    Thanks frosty zolnierz, That's helpful. I think I'm going to see if I can get it repaired with a brooch fitting.

Best wishes

James

Default PAF Badge - Fake I think

Good day folks,

Is this a fake? Looks strange to me in so many ways.

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

James
    Thank You for the post!

I would say - very interesting acquisitions. I would help to provide more definitive opinion - if pictures were a bit more clear (via use of digital macro function on a camera).

Having said that - i would say that the Army Eagle is OK - this variant has the very characteristic fastening - similar to omegas - but not quite the same as standard ww2 British design. Army Eagle is made of "white metal" - and this particular future is correct as well. This is relatively rare Eagle.

In terms of Navy Eagle - i have some observations - but, please do not take them as definitive. Although the fastening as such is correct - more common version (2 wires) is applied in this case, the anchor and its fastening are unusual. In case of a few examples i have seen (also some presented in earlier posts) - an anchor is very well done - with no production mistakes such as cracks and / or "asymmetric displacements" etc.

Regarding the manufacturer - i have conducted some research into it. The preliminary conclusion is that - this particular variant could have been made by a well established firm - Toy-Kenning. But final evidence is not yet on the table.

From my experience, it is actually very rare variant of Polish Navy Eagle and very rarely seen with wires intact.
    Hope above helps + please take look at some earlier posts for more photo evidence / reference materials

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Two recently acquired eagles. Firstly are they genuine? If they are can we establish the manufacturers?

Sadly the naval eagle has lost it's fixings. What sort of fixings should it have? Brooch or lugs? The remnants of the fixings can be seen north and south.

Many thanks

James

PR- Thank You for this post! Very interesting!

I have to say - I have never seen, before - the variant known as "without the gap" (red on the right) - with this particular fastening based on 2 blades. Secondly "no gap Eagles" i know - are made of brass with oxidation. Some good examples of "no gap variant" are featured on previous posts.

Where did you get it from?

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    Identical twins ? Not quite.

Two recently acquired eagles. Firstly are they genuine? If they are can we establish the manufacturers?

Sadly the naval eagle has lost it's fixings. What sort of fixings should it have? Brooch or lugs? The remnants of the fixings can be seen north and south.

Many thanks

James
    a modified Naval issue

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    PR- Thank You for this post! Very interesting!

I have to say - I have never seen, before - the variant known as "without the gap" (red on the right) - with this particular fastening based on 2 blades. Secondly "no gap Eagles" i know - are made of brass with oxidation. Some good examples of "no gap variant" are featured on previous posts.

Where did you get it from?
    them actually. part of a Polish Air Force grouping .

Both do appear genuine. No problems there. As to maker of the "long beak" version, until Artur's mention of "Toy-Kenning" as a possible maker I have yet to encounter any maker ID noted in any literature. (Interesting info Artur!)

Here's an original example with fastening prongs intact:

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Folks

I so appreciate the trouble you have taken to provide the information. wadowicznic Your information is amazing. Thanks. It is a keeper for me so I'm going to see if I can get it repaired. Tony, many thanks for posting the picture of the whole one.

Thanks everyone

James