Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 149 of 226 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 159 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows
    I think this may be a relevant find / connection to further advance our knowledge!

The casted Air Force Eagle – has just recently been found in Poland. This variant - is well documented at Sikorski’s archives as made in Egypt.
    Presumably, made for / at the very small Polish Air Force Mechanics / Apprentice School for boys - based in Heliopolis (from 1942/43). It is a very rare find!

Please see the manufacturing similarities with the Eagle, I have been trying to ID – on the earlier post(s). Basically - same fastening, surface finish, material and the “entry” of casting channel at the bottom of the shield (revers).
    Those are just circumstantial evidence – but, it may well be that same manufacturer at “Heliopolis Camp” had produced both variants Army and AF.
    The interesting aspect is that at Sikorski there are 3 specimens of AF Eagle (if I remember correctly) and none of this small / 40mm one.

For now – until proven – wrong – let’s name the small / 40mm one as “Heliopolis Army Cast” and add it to our library

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    I have just come across the very interesting Eagle.
    Perhaps simillar specimen - can be found?
    One of the casted variants - but unusual - very havy and with characteristic marks on revers side.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

can anyone id this cap eagle ..thanks steve

Polish Hat Eagles

Hello Steve,

Many thanks for your post unfortunately this badge is a fantasy piece, apologies for the bad news.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Total Fantasy Badge!
    Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    Reporting to you on good pictures i have managed to receive during the week from various sources.
    Exceptional quality pictures of the rare Polish Navy Eagle.
    I wish I had one! There are a few on hats at Sikorski

And Merchant Navy Eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Last edited by wadowicznic; 08-27-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Exceptional pictures - supply by a friend in London!
    Grate find!

Polish while cross - badges - a small collection - they come from Poland
    We have featured some of the rarest US and French version of this badges in the past.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    one of many "bajorek" variants - from friend's collection

Fellows
    a few more pins / eagles that require ID!
    Any info in your hands?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles  Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows,
    Perhaps we are lucky and manage to ID this pin "FP Eagle"!
    Some of You may know the Brzezicki Book - published in 70ts dedicated to Polish Medals and Badges issued by Fee Poles abroad. Brzesicki says that after 20+ years of consultations with various collectors he had not managed to correctly pinpoint this pin / eagle.

It can be found very occasionally - perhaps we are lucky to ID context it!

Come on – Fellows
    Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 
    Last edited by wadowicznic; 08-30-2016 at 09:58 AM.