Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 226 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

French one is very nice. It is hard to find them.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Small addition
    What do You think?
    Nice eagles wadowicznic. The maker marked Gaunts are particularly desirable.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony

The Guant eagle I have recently posted is puzzling me a bit, honestly speaking
    Please see the previous pages – I did post in the past an example of Guant Eagle from my collection (in fact my favourite Eagle).
    Both Eagles appear to be Guant – however, they have slightly different signatures (layout of font)
    Any thoughts on 2 types of signatures?

I am not at all an expert on PSZ Eagles, and have been picking them over years “by luck” rather than by “focus” so I am greatly learning on this forum.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Nice eagles wadowicznic. The maker marked Gaunts are particularly desirable.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . .
    Both Eagles appear to be Guant – however, they have slightly different signatures (layout of font)
    Any thoughts on 2 types of signatures? . . .
    Hi w,

There were two Guant maker mark types on the larger wz.39 eagle badges that I am aware of. Pictured below are three Gaunt eagles : non marked threaded post type, and two marked ones with fastening blades. Interesting to note the difference in the fastening blades. I believe that these are the two types of marks you are referring to. (Sorry for the poor quality of the pics, taken moments ago under artificial light conditions).

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

I believe this eagle was made in Palestine? I have little knowledge of exile eagle badges.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

3mk
    ?

Hey Stephan,
    I think your right.I love the design of eagles made in the Middle East.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but just wondering,When the British did airdrops to the Polish Home Army,Did they ever drop insignia like cap badges?Or was it just weapons and uniforms?
    Thanks

?

Yes 3mk, it did rain rare insignia from the skies over war torn and occupied Poland just so it could be dug up 70 years later by historically interested collectors and sold at the "Kolo" market in Warsaw every Sunday except on national holidays.

A nicely produced eagle I forgotten I had.

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Excellent
    Now i am 100% clear on 2 types
    A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi w,

There were two Guant maker mark types on the larger wz.39 eagle badges that I am aware of. Pictured below are three Gaunt eagles : non marked threaded post type, and two marked ones with fastening blades. Interesting to note the difference in the fastening blades. I believe that these are the two types of marks you are referring to. (Sorry for the poor quality of the pics, taken moments ago under artificial light conditions).

Regards,
    Tony

New acquisition to share:

Scarcely seen eagle badge variant. Made in Paris, France in late 1939. Used on all types of headwear including helmets. This particular example is the silver plated brass version. Measures 54 x 35mm.

Regards,
    Tony

Polish Hat Eagles  

Page 15 of 226 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast