Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 152 of 226 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 162 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows
    We have discussed this rare variant before – but it think it makes sense to expand – by adding some quality pictures / facts etc.

This Eagle is field Made in Mid East and based on 40mm G-of London Eagle – but with the “small shield of Pilsudski’s Legions” removed (possibly for political reasons)
    What makes this variant “distinguishable” – are very characteristic marks at the back (red circle, below).

Seems that this variant is also noticed in latest book by T Zawistowski.
    Personally, i do not think it is a very popular variant!

Do You have better pictures etc?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows
    One more variant to be researched / IDed.
    Perhaps the second specimen can be found? Please share your knowledge!
    Very characteristic, crude cast - most likely based on Palestinian 1940/41 pattern - with very distinctive copper fixing. Eagle most likely made in mid east / or Egypt - North Africa.
    As far i know , not commonly seen Eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    This Eagle was recently sold in Poland. Rare variant made in Italy by P&B.
    A very good friend is asking me to share a view on its authenticity.
    What is the better way than asking All of You!
    I personally find it different to specimens I know.
    Opinions please!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

In my opinion in 100 % copy.
    Be carefull. Many good reproductions in recent months were sold as original eagles.

If you want to buy good COPY look here:
    Spikehelmets - Poland

Agreed. It seems a batch of reasonably well-made copies is being released onto the market of late. Someone made a costly error as this eagle sold for over 500zl. The same seller also listed this bogus 2DSP eagle. Who can pick out the most obvious flaw?

Regards,
    Tony

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank You Fellows!

I totally agree with assessment re P&B "Eagle".

Goes without saying that, I personally find it distasteful that still so many "smarty-guys" continuously try and try - producing copies / repos without any respect to purchasers who transact in good faith (by marking Eagles as repos, for instance).

The good thing is that whatever happens there is enough experience / practical knowledge between us on this forum - that practically all repos can be identified on the spot and "smart-guys" shamefully exposed!

I have to agree with You guys! Unfortunately there are so many copies on the market nowadays, they going to be better and better...

Anyway, I would like to share with You Garrat's Eagle, which I've re recently bought. Opinions are welcome

PS: Sorry for bad quality photos, my camera is like a brick

Polish Hat Eagles  

Michal

Great reference
    Polish Hat Eagles

Hard to say form your pictures!

In addition, what I have also learned about Garrat Eagle(s) – is that – there was an another version with fastening via 2 vertical blades (similar as the one presented), but with blades being wider – c5-7mm.
    Second distinguishing feature is the fact that that eagle is “silverised”.
    I understand it to be the mage rare version – I have seen it only one time, ever – in museum collection!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello!

Thanks for reply
    I've compared my eagle with Antoni one. What I think everything looks ok, but anyway i will try to borrow the camera and take better picture to post them here.
    Do you know the dimensions of fastening that 'normal' Garrat eagle should have? The eagle i've posted have 3.5mm wide rest of blades.\

Best Regards
    Michał

Hi Michał, agreed with Artur that better pics would be helpful. Nonetheless, I see no immediate problems with your eagle.

Quote by MichalMag View Post
    Do you know the dimensions of fastening that 'normal' Garrat eagle should have? The eagle i've posted have 3.5mm wide rest of blades
    Polish Hat Eagles

I'm not aware of repro Garratt eagles floating about the marketplace , but as you rightly say " there are so many copies on the market nowadays, they going to be better and better... ". And indeed the copies are getting better. More on this in a future post.

The eagle under the spotlight, or rather between the calipers, in the following pics originates from a grouping that belonged to a veteran who served in the WW2 Canadian recruitment mission. An "unissued" example surviving in perfect condition, it was obtained directly from the veteran's family and is one of about a dozen originally contained. Roughly half of the flock were sold off before I purchased the grouping with the remaining eagles.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne