Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 154 of 226 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 164 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Hi Mittra,

This one requires a hands on inspection before final judgment. However, I will say that the brown oxidation / patina appears very unusual, as though it went a chemical bath of some sort. I’d pass on this one and await something better. There’s plenty of genuine examples up for sale all the time.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

hi Tony

thank you very much, I can just do the best photo and the patina.

Fellows
    I am happy to share you my next "discovery" - this set (eagles and propeller badge) has come together and it may well be that we are looking at an extremely rare examples of the Eagles made at the RAF Holton / Cranwell - Apprentice Schools that have a great tradition dating back to ww1.

During the ww2 a small contingent of Polish had been trained there after evacuation from Soviet Russia. Obviously we cannot be 100% sure - but, It is not excluded - that Eagles had been made there.

Small step made - we should try to find some pictorial evidence to establish yes / no answer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

This one came with other Eagles that belonged to Lt Filar, 1SBS.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

This eagle / badge was recently auctioned in Poland – commemorates an anniversary / conference of Polish Pilsudski’s Legionnaires. Rare badge / Eagle!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

Rest of the Eagles from the Deasa Auction – some interesting specimens including pre-war ones!
    A lot of good materials for research!

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    Again – I have been asked for an opinion on this one!
    And - I would not by myself if – I did not bring my doubts to all of You!.
    What are your thoughts on this Garrat Eagle – recently found and sold as an ordinal.

From my perspective – some of the pictures enlarged in windows pictures editor – show poor quality of details – but I may be wrong!

Let’s use our collective knowledge!

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

So Fellows, what is the story with this Garratt Eagle.
    Had the Garratt made it or this happy "friendly" dud?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

these are my photos !
    eagle and made spink & son ??Polish Hat Eagles

?

..Polish Hat Eagles