MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 161 of 226 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 171 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Tony and PZ – Thank You for the insightful posts – well done!

This is what this fun is all about – putting Eagles in the context.

Well done – with pride on your faces – keep going!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

I have been lucky to take this picture recently at Sikorski's Museum - it pleases in context this specific variant of the "Palestinian Simplified" Eagle.

Great photograph and above a fantastic cap!!

Thank you for sharing .

quote : It is velvet. This is in keeping with pre-war hat band specifications for rogatywki used in all of the artillery branches (dark green). Velvet hat bands were also used for Engineers, Signals, and Medical Service. All other branches including infantry blue were regular wool fabric.

You learn something new everyday, thanks for info.

Fellows,

One more step (and I think very relevant) - in understanding various interesting variants of Polish Eagles. At Sikorski's Museum - i have come across this very unusual Gaunt - at the first look - a classic bigger version with less common fastening - 2 vertical "blades".

However, upon close examination the very unusual feature can be noticed - Gaunt's markings under the lower blade.
    I have seen - a number of Gaunt with "blades" - but this is first one with markings - clearly super unusual / rare.

It is understood that Guan used marking early in the war and then discontinued. This may suggest that variant with "blades" emerged very early.

Has any of you seen / got a similar one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Spink - in its contex!

One of the Mid-east casted one.

Casted to be ID!

Timeless Classics!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Great one!