Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 164 of 226 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 174 214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Hi
    Actually it is a very nice and rare badge
    I am aware of 3 versions (2 not signed and this one). I think the badge dates back to before 1918 - but, in order to precisely date it - could be good to look up the manufacturer name in the Chicago Commercial Register (and / or telephone book) from that time.

Quote by Krakow1 View Post
    Here is a patriotic badge I picked up. Made in Chicago, by Tyrakowski. Not sure of when it was made.

Before 1918 is my thinking as well. I tried to look up the manufacturer but no luck yet.

Looks like there were two Brothers Tyrakowski in Chicago in jewelry business. But either way early badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    Last edited by Krakow1; 02-18-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Finally, we have arrived at this momentous point - Eagle of Polish Peoples' Army in Soviet Russia (1943+)

It took me some time to come to this - but - i think it is worth it as the objective of this Forum is to share relevant knowledge not political convictions!

In fact, this particular Eagle tells a very interesting, 2 dimensional story!. It is one of 7-8 versions of the Eagle that was designed originally in 1943 for the Polish Army formed in Soviet Russia that subsequently went alongside the red Army to "liberate Poland". Eagle was coined in Moscow and did become "the logo" of a military force that went to be known as the Polish People's Army.

What is however, relevant and brings a twist to the story is that

a) number of conscripts actually did join directly from Soviets Gulags as they were not freed in time to join the Polish Free Army in 1441/ 42 - that went on from Russia to Ancona and Bologna under the leadership of Anders and

b) when the Red Army entered the pre-39 Polish borders - a number of members of the Home Army and National Peasants Party Battalions' (BCH) were forcibly conscripted into 1 and 2 Polish Peoples' Army and ended up wearing this Eagle - reluctantly. Communists therefore "dis-armed" the military arms of the legal London based Government and Parliament.

Can You please try to post other versions of this Eagle so we complete the whole set of 7-8 "Moscow coined" known ones.?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Legend!

Sikorski's Collection

Legend!

Sikorski's Collection

Trully a Great Find!

Quote by Krakow1 View Post
    Looks like there were two Brothers Tyrakowski in Chicago in jewelry business. But either way early badge.

Eagle of the Polish Police pre-1939.
    Sikorski's Collection.

Simillar with the previous one - but not 100% same!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Time-less classic!

?

Dear fellows, any information about this navy badge? Details are sharp and Glass enamel are pretty. Porbably post war badge?

Thank you!

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles