Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 165 of 226 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 175 215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Hi Alagi,
    It's modern copy.
    Also the maker - Olszewski is modern manufacturer.\
    Rafal

Fellows,
    One more step to understand very unusual / rare variants. Hope You like this post!

I have just come across this one - this is the 1st time in years that i see the casted G-40mm Eagle with unusual embedded inscription(s) - in this case it appears to be "1941". Secondly - looks like originally it was covered by some sort of "dark green" paint.

We will probably never know what the relevance of the date and colour is, unfortunately. However, this find may help to date the G-40mm Eagle and bring the understood time of production launch from 42, by 1 year to 41.

I would think it is an extremely rare Eagle - for sure it is not in collections i know.

It must have had a serious sentimental value to an owner as he / she decided to keep a relatively poorly looking design - during times when more quality stamped Eagles were issued.

Perhaps - some of you has a similar specimen so that we definitely can ID this variant?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  
    Last edited by wadowicznic; 03-04-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Fellows,
    This Polish Free Navy Eagle – was “found” and sold in Poland recently. I am very curious to hear your thoughts!. I have been asked to provide views - but, what can be better than consulting with you!?

I personally have never seen a “workshop” made Polish Navy Eagle based on Gaunt Polish Navy Eagle – but that may not be most decisive factor as clearly there could have been variants like that.

Alternatively, it could just be a contemporary repo?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    I am glad to be able to post a few very interesting pictures - evidently extending our knowledge of Navy Eagles + super pictures re Polish Merchant Navy.

Fellows,
    One more!
    I have been lucky to uncover this "hidden jewel" at Sikorski's Archives - an incredibly moving picture taken in Narvik - unique setting and story encapsulated + Eagles of Podhalanska Brigade!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

A few pictures for good fellows - funs of the SBS.

Where is the Eagle?

Click to enlarge the pictures

Cool photos! Thanks for showing!

three out of four ain't bad. pic of gliders and tugs not Operation Market Garden related. photo shows takeoff for Operation Varsity at Woodbridge, Halifaxes of 298 and 644 Sqns RAF Tarrant Rushton and Hamilcar gliders of 'C' Squadron , GPR.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Fellows
    One more variant to be IDed / researched further.

Mid-East sand-casted - but first Eagle with fixing - integrally casted with the body of the Eagle. very unusual and hard -to miniature solution.

Fellows,
    New variant for categorisation / identification! Perhaps some of you can help!?

Looks like workshop cast - based on the classic Palestinian 42 pattern - but with relatively rare fixing (omegas) + some sort of "low-copper density" material used

Any info and / or 2nd specimen?

Polish Hat Eagles