Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 166 of 226 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 176 216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2257

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,

One more step - to understand the subject matter!

Spink "symmetric" variant - rare itself. This one, however, is even more "refined" due to the very unusual fixing.
    2 vertical blades - located in 2 points of reverse. More common variant has also 2 vertical blades - but attached in 1 point (centrally, in the middle of reverse).

Having seen a number of Sipink's Eagles (both symmetrical and non-symmetrical ones) - I personally think- this variant is mega rare!

Perhaps any of you has better pictures of this variant?

And - just to complete, couple of pictures - "Symetric" Spink - in its best!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

wadowicznic;

Very nice view of -again a rare variant!

Have a question to the attached photographs; is it common that Polish officers wearing US officer collar insigna on their BD?

Kind regards,
    Pieter.

Pieter

I believe on 17th of December 1943 Patton visited the Anders II Army in Faqus in Egypt. There was a movie / documentary taken at the day and can be seen under the following link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz5r18xxEAs

Answering to your question – I think this particular swap was one-off and there are not (as far as I am aware) examples of Polish officers wearing US – collar insignia. However, there is a number of well documented instances where Polish Eagles and patches were used by foreign liaison officers and member of Women’s Auxiliaries formations in the UK.

Just to complete – re this particular swap - in fact – if I interpret the pictures kept at the Sikorski’s Institute in London correctly, – Gen Anders must have taken off the US collar and the arm patch shortly thereafter and actually exchanged a “British Side Cap” for a “Beret Cap” with Gaunt of London made Eagle (the beret can be seen at the Sikorski’s)

Quote by Pieter1942 View Post
    wadowicznic;

Very nice view of -again a rare variant!

Have a question to the attached photographs; is it common that Polish officers wearing US officer collar insigna on their BD?

Kind regards,
    Pieter.

wadowicznic;

Many thanx for the clear answer! And for the link to the documentary (also a nice view to see the use of the 1903 pattern bandoleer for the lee enfield rifle!).

Looks indeed that the exchance, of collar and shoulder sleeve insigna, was a set-up for the documentary.

pre 39
    classic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Here's an interesting eagle, recent acquisition to the T.Budny collection. Thought to be 1939/40 French made eagle for helmet application. Shown next to standard wz.39 for scale reference. Can't recall ever seeing one of these before.

Regards,
    Tony

Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Very good pictures - of this very rare eagle.
    I wish i had one like this!

Artur, the eagle appears to have undergone a harsh cleaning and patination process. Here's one that has aged more naturally.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Gentlemen, again very nice overviews of very intresting and beautiful eagles !

This topic reach every time again new hights and its not Always easy, to keep up with the up-dates, but i do my best to keep up, follow and above -learn .

Can you tell what kind of eagle is in the last posts please?

(O yeah maybe a strange question, but can you also tell me where the wz. stand for in the mention of wz.39 please?

Thank yu very much in advance!!
    Kind regards, Pieter.

Fellows,
    Any ideas as to what those Eagles / Pins are associated with!?

Polish Hat Eagles