Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 168 of 226 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 178 218 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Hello Wadowicznic,

Many thanks for your post showing the PCK, the ceremony in Paris was attended by General Bryg Juliusz Kleeberg, Minister Stanisław Stroński and US Ambassador Anthony Drexel Biddle.

I have found a few more photographs which I thought I would share with you all.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. double click on the photographs to enlarge in a new page

Fellows,
    Who is posting some intriguing or interesting Eagles - this weekend?
    Time to surprise the world and the fellow below! - please give him some solid research subjects!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Can I get more precise date of the ceremony? If this was gen. Kleeberg on the picture, then why are there Polish troops in French uniforms? Polish troops could wear French uniforms only between Nov 1939 - June 1940. By that time Kleeberg was a prisoner in German oflag camp.

Anyway, below something what bunny brought to me this year. Is it Homs (finally)? Or Palestine again?

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Hi Esco, This is General Juliusz Kleeberg, and you are referring to General Franciszek Kleeberg.

The eagle is a classic cast Middle/Near Eastern product. A nice one nonetheless.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Much to learn still I have...

The eagle is Homs or Latrun?

Enco
    Thank you for posting this Eagle. It would be helpful to see better pictures in digital macro to make well educated judgement.

Regarding your question - Camp Homs or Camp Latrun/m as a "birth place"?- please see attached the picture that can be found in archives of Col Mincer at Sikorski's in London. Col Mincer identifies this Eagle as "early SBSK made in Syria".

I have inspected the original picture and Mincers' archives re SBSK and managed to notice some distinctive features (red frames) - this is my way of identifying "early SBSK Eagles".

My experience is that early SBSK are very rare - much less seen than the SBSK badge (5600 made). This expereince would hold the test of reality, as an inspection of pictorial history of SBSK at Sikorski shows that very few fellows actually had Eagles at early stage of unit's formation.

One point in addition, SBSK Eagles i know seem to be made of brass - perhaps material used for artillery shells?

Let me, please know what your inspections delivers.
    A

"Can I get more precise date of the ceremony? If this was gen. Kleeberg on the picture, then why are there Polish troops in French uniforms? Polish troops could wear French uniforms only between Nov 1939 - June 1940. By that time Kleeberg was a prisoner in German oflag camp.

Anyway, below something what bunny brought to me this year. Is it Homs (finally)? Or Palestine again? "
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

?

The amazon shield has all the features pointed out by you on the picture. Also the material used is distinctly different from the standard Palestinian eagle examples I know (see compared below with classical Latrun eagle on the right). Therefore I suspect it could be one of those rare Syrian eagles.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Enco
    small request - can you please photograph the 2nd eagle - non SBSK one that you have used for comparison. Photos in daily light and using digital macro function in your camera - to allow for close ups. I am curious to see it in details and perhaps we can match it with various - other Mid-East variations - by looking for distinctive features.
    Best
    A

Quote by Esco View Post
    The amazon shield has all the features pointed out by you on the picture. Also the material used is distinctly different from the standard Palestinian eagle examples I know (see compared below with classical Latrun eagle on the right). Therefore I suspect it could be one of those rare Syrian eagles.

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    This Eagle (red background) - has been intriguing me for some time.
    It clearly is a "variation" of Kretchmer's very rare Eagle (or was inspired by its design) - attached for ref.

With relatively material differences in both shape /design details and material used - it makes it interesting to see if quality pictorial evidence of application can be found?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Very nice one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles