Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 170 of 226 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 180 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Middle East cast brass pattern, on a FS side cap. Traces of two star pips having been fixed to the left side of the cap, but they increasingly difficult to find, nowadays... any hints?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fantastic Eagle!
    This Pattern has been featured before on previous posts – I think.
    However to be 100% sure – can You detach it and photograph the reverse, please?
    It is one of a few only - Patterns of “Casted Eagles” that actually can be identified precisely – there is a very good body of evidence linking this Eagle to some units.
    Rare one too!

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    Middle East cast brass pattern, on a FS side cap. Traces of two star pips having been fixed to the left side of the cap, but they increasingly difficult to find, nowadays... any hints?

Hi. Sorry from my english... Found this eagle near the Rechitsa (Belarus). I know that in this area acted "Grupa Poleska". There are many interesting finds.. It is interesting to know about this cockade..

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles.

Fellows
    Very rare opportunity to match the Eagle with the producer of "firazerka".
    Sikorski's Archives
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows
    Next small step - and rewarding one - to ID / categorise an another rare variant.

Friend - had much luck to match - an unknown canvas Eagle with the period photo.
    It is a very rare variant!

Very interesting - perhaps Polish Guards Unit in France and / or on the tourist trip to Paris from Germany (again Polish Guards Units).

Polish Hat Eagles  

as a matter of fact, it does looks as "semicast", rather than the usual quite crude pattern....

Polish Hat Eagles  

Good day folks

I came across this in the window of a jeweller's shop over the weekend. What do you make of it - real or fake?

Many thanks

James

James
    Thank You for the post.
    Please see the picture of eagles i have come across – there seem to be some differences when it comes to details, re yours.
    This particular variant is quite rare – and my experience is that is shows up on 1-10 proportion with classic Guan one.
    There are further references in earlier posts.

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi Wadowicznic, Many thanks for your reply and comments. Being found in a jeweller's shop would explain why mine has lost the lovely patina that yours have. It looks though your second example has a similar die stamping flaw as mine - crescent shaped blemish bottom left rear.

Many thanks for your comments

James

James
    Glad to be able to help!

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Hi Wadowicznic, Many thanks for your reply and comments. Being found in a jeweller's shop would explain why mine has lost the lovely patina that yours have. It looks though your second example has a similar die stamping flaw as mine - crescent shaped blemish bottom left rear.

Many thanks for your comments

James