Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 174 of 226 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 184 224 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default Polish cap eagles ww1 & ww2

I have had several Polish Cap Eagles in my collection that always puzzled me as to origin and time period.
    Cap Eagle "P" is cast silvered bronze with 3 wire attachments. It appears to have a Crowned Eagle. I was told that it was removed from a Beret of the 22nd ? brigade ???? I would like to know its origin and time period.

For Comparison is Cap Eagle "Q", which I believe is from the Kosciusko Div from WW2.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi,
    Thank You for post!. I believe, there is a specific post done earlier in the forum on this variant. In short, as far as my knowledge goes, body of circumstantial evidence suggests that this "shape / variant" could have been used around 1918 /19 - by Blue Army.

Having said that - the specimens i know, and notably one with providence in London at Sikorski. Comparing with yours; is bigger, appears different material, has better quality of details. Finally, cannot be pinpointed to an actual name in Blue Army.

Therefore, hard to be definitive on your specific specimens - goes without saying - the roots of origin may be multiple - a) field made during the period, b) vet's remake c) contemporary repo

Quote by Polishboy View Post
    I have had several Polish Cap Eagles in my collection that always puzzled me as to origin and time period.
    Cap Eagle "P" is cast silvered bronze with 3 wire attachments. It appears to have a Crowned Eagle. I was told that it was removed from a Beret of the 22nd ? brigade ???? I would like to know its origin and time period.

For Comparison is Cap Eagle "Q", which I believe is from the Kosciusko Div from WW2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fellows,
    hope all well durign the summer!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Commemorative Post

Battle of Warsaw - August 12th -25th, 1920
    Commemorative Post

Hello -
    Thank you for your reply. It has been a mystery to me but you make some sense. It may well be from the Blue Army era.

Polish boy

?

Spink Eagle.Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Hi WBREW
    I could not make out your message - could you send it to me again at [email protected]

Thank you

Polish boy

- - ------- - -

Hi WBREW
    I could not make out your message - could you send it to me again at [email protected]

Thank you

Polish boy

Good day folks

Picked this up today. Die stamped heavy gauge brass with a single screw to the rear. It's Palestine made isn't it?

Thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

James
    Congratulations! True Classic - no questions asked!. Correct - made in Palestine - 1940+.
    This particular eagle is in great and unpolished condition!
    Can You try to read - some "print" scratched on the shield. Perhaps something interesting?

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Good day folks

Picked this up today. Die stamped heavy gauge brass with a single screw to the rear. It's Palestine made isn't it?

Thanks

James