Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 176 of 226 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2258

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

One from my collection.Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Thank You for the post!
    Actually, your eagle is very interesting as it appears to be a cast (presumably aluminium) of "small - 40mm" French 1940 pattern (featured on the forum). Rare Eagle.

Up to now, I have known only 1 pattern of a cast from "40mm French" - it is the version with characteristic gold colour vertical pin, it is understood to be associated with Polish Guards Units in France.

Your Eagle, seems to be a 2nd casted pattern. My expectation is that it actually was made in France around 45/46 as it fixing - 100% resembles a solution used for a more common casted Eagle of Polish Guards Units / Army of Rheine in France . That more common version is a cast of French 1939 pattern often with crown removed (it is also featured on this forum). See pictures!

Quote by wbrew View Post
    One from my collection.Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

?

One more.

?

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Hi Wbrew,
    Thank you for the post! Excellent Eagle - we now have a clear connection in place completing the picture. Do you know the history / provenience of both eagles you presented - perhaps they connected via same owner? This would be very helpful proof - clue linking both patterns with France
    It is interesting to see 2 patterns based on same casting technology - but 1st without crown and 2nd with.
    Assuming same producer / or even different ones - realised that their clients have had materially diverging political views and perception of future of Poland at the time!. Never ending story!.

Fellows
    Some further research ideas please!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Slightly different post today - but, i hope worth noticing!

I have come across a few commemorative postal labels featuring directly Military Eagles, all of the them printed in the UK few decades ago. From research perspective, very interesting choice of Eagles, and in case of Air Force specifically (one of the rarest PAF Eagle).

In addition to Eagles, I have also added some labels with the main Heroes, to add the further context.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    Slightly different post today - but, i hope worth noticing!
    Sure it is. Surge Polonia! Chwała Wielkiej Polsce!

Cheers,
    Kosa

Fellows,
    The commemorative post - to pay the tribute to All Allied Nations that took part in Market Garden (17-25 September 1944).

And a few Eagles too!
    Sikorski's Collection

And the Classic to finish for today!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles