Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 178 of 226 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Wadowicznic,

Many Congratulations on your achievement, now to look forward to a Million views

Best wishes

Andrzej

Pulling ahead of the 6th place holder (which it passed just recently) and gaining on 4th place, also a Polish militaria thread.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,
    My recent research at Sikorski has yielded, i believe, some quality information - i have come across series of pictures taken at the regimental banner presentation ceremony of 9the Flandryjski Battalion, on July 9th, 1946 in German city of Leer. Some interesting Eagles.
    In addition, what is interesting for collectors of Polish Regimental Badges, number of participants that day - July 9th, 1946 - already have a regimental badge. However, sources suggest that 9th Battalion's badge was actually officially approved - via publication in the ledger of orders of the Polish HQ, on 1st of September, 1946.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    This Picture is one the best that i have ever managed to find at Sikorski + further simple research has produced an incredible story!!

This pic is a super valuable source of concrete information - re Eagles associated with the Polish Army in the East - dates, places, names and, most importantly, very good - range of Variants. One-off Picture!

Ladies in the row - use Variants we have already identified and discussed on the forum.

However, the lady who is standing up - wears the Eagle that remains a mystery yet - obviously - we should try to solve it / find an eagle like this one!.

Very characteristic shape and size. Variant, i have never seen before and it is not at Sikorski's, either.

Will it be found?
    Time will tell!

What makes this Picture even more interesting - is an incredible story associated with it!.

Perhaps that actually is the same person? - EUGENIA ZAKLADA (POPSOWSKA)

Stalin*s Ethnic Cleansing

Waiting/not knowing
    EUGENIA ZAKLADA (POPSOWSKA)
    Osada Reymontowicze, District Horochów
    Sometime towards the end of September we arrived in Kuybyshew. Things there were in a terrible mess. There were queues everywhere, for everything.We slept propped up against the walls of some very old buildings. Given the time of year it was already very cold. The problems of lice and hunger reasserted themselves. Moreover there were no trains for us to travel further so we walked, used arbas and took any possible short train journey. In these ways we wandered for a full eight months throughout Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, increasingly poor and hungry. We finally came to a halt against the wall of the railway station in Kermine.

Quick search produces even more!

REJMONTOWICZE, formerly Panasowy Kąt i "hamlet" Peremyl. Z WDW 1933/22: "Z gromady Peremyl gminy Beresteczko wydziela się osady cywilną i wojskową Peremyl i tworzy się z nich gromadę Rejmontowicze."
    Family - POPSOWSKI Ludwik 1896 (*Beresteczko) - s. Jana, Lancer (looks like Mr Ludwik was so called "military settler in Volhyia".
    > Wife Janina 1897 z d. Bielska - c. Konrada
    > Children: Eugenia 1922, Halina, Helena, Franciszek 1929

Sadly - Popsowska, Helena, died 21.6.42, Guzar, ZSSR, CW
    Popsowski Franciszek was send to - Oudtshoorn ; South Afryka

Andrzejku - perhaps You can help with your "Ancestry / Army Records Capabilities" to develop this story further and we can research more - names on the picture etc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello Wadowicznic,

Many thanks for your email and post, I have only been able to glean the following information on 2 of the women shown In the photograph.

1) Janina Redko married Józef Priebe in Weobley, Herefordshire in 1948, Janina was born in 1925 and died in 1995 in Hereford

2) Eugenia Popsowska married Dyonizy Zaklada in Weobley, Herefordshire in 1947, Eugenia was born in 1925 and died in 2003 in Warrington, Lancashire.

Unfortunately I could not find any Records for Olga Beneš or Maria,

I will check to see if they where awarded the Monte Cassino Cross and reply accordingly.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Last edited by andrzejku98; 10-08-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Hello Wadowicznic,

I have checked the Recipients Register for the Monte Cassino Cross unfortunately none are listed, but there were retrospective awards in the 1980's for women members of the 2nd Corps at Monte Cassino. I will try to find the link for you to view.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Wadowicznic,

I have found the article and the Legitymacja awarded in the 1980's

Polish Hat Eagles

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    [SIZE=4](...)However, the lady who is standing up - wears the Eagle that remains a mystery yet - obviously - we should try to solve it / find an eagle like this one!.(...)
    Hi Wadowicznic,

This looks like a badge made back in the Soviet Union.

Best,
    Kosa

Hi Kosa,
    Yes, i agree - it may well be the "one off / handmade eagle" made in Soviet Union.

Although, 2 points are worth considering, that may suggest that it could be casted or stamped version.
    • CCCP made ones, i know, are usually smaller - 35-45mm. This one - in proportions to a hat - looks taller
    • secondly, CCCP made eagles in large proportion do not have "an independent" fastening (nut / blade etc) - usually they are just attached onto hats with primitive tailoring. Again, looking at the edges of the hat - this looks like it may have "independent" fastening
    Let's see if similar can ever be found!

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hi Wadowicznic,

This looks like a badge made back in the Soviet Union.

Best,
    Kosa

Fellows,

Very good picture - clearly dating PAF Eagle - associated with French Period.
    Sikorski's Collection

Polish Hat Eagles