Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 183 of 226 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,
    Going back to the subject and its essence - IDing rare Eagles of the Polish Free Army.
    This particular interesting variant has recently crossed my desk.

Casted Eagle, most likely in Mid-east, with some very characteristic features resulting from a casting process + very unusual fixing (1 omega). Rare version without the small Legionaries' Shield.

Perhaps one of You can provide info / pictures of a 2nd specimen?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Eagle by Scully of Montral - in application!
    Source: IPMS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Does not get better than this!
    Again - IPMS

Fellows,
    The true legend - Eagle by Samuel Kretschmer of Jerusalem - from IPMS archives.

Can you please post some other variants, if you can? - i believe there have been some variations as to the material used and it would be good to inventorise them.

There are also some very similar rare Eagles (shape, size). However, not attributed to Kretschmer ( we have featured one previously , i believe)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Navy Eagle - good pics!

Polish Paras' Eagle

Legend!

Fellows
    Perhaps, we can work together and ID this variant - by finding the 2nd specimen. Mid-east made - most likely - but distinctive v all the variants i know.

Please take good look Averse and Reverse - there are a number of very characteristic features as derivatives of a casting process. Very characteristic fastening / thread too.

Let's do some solid research!

Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,
    Eagle by Scully of Montral - in application!
    Source: IPMS
    Any maker marks in that rogatywka? More photos please!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

And just when you think you've seen it all . . .

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne