Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 184 of 226 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Hello Everyone

Polish Hat Eagles
    insignia
    a few faces of Polish commandos.
    Polish Hat Eagles
    rotmistrz Andrzej BOCHOMOLEC

Polish Hat Eagles
    2nd lietenant Tadeusz MONSIOR

Polish Hat Eagles
    commander 1st polish company captain Władysław SMROKOWSKI

Polish Hat Eagles
    2nd lieutenant dr Bolesław ŚWITALSKI

Polish Hat Eagles
    rotmistrz Stanisław WOŁOSZOWSKI

Polish Hat Eagles
    major Stefan ZALEWSKI,awarded MCC.

Polish Hat Eagles
    Last foto of 2nd lieutenant BACHLEDA Adam

Polish Hat Eagles
    Battle honours flag.

Best wishes

Artur

Thumbs up

Some hat eagles for the weekend. Nothing too exciting here. The small eagle has a lovely silver frosted patina. Mix of Gaunts and Spinks I believe plus a Middle East in brass. The middle Gaunt is very clearly marked. I have been told that the left middle may be silver.

Regards

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Last edited by jamest8; 11-24-2017 at 06:12 PM.

?

[QUOTE=Krakow1;1789175]
    Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Wadowicznic,

Many thanks for your post, I have seen this Officer in various photographs in a number of Books,

1) Allied Forces in Italy by Guido Rosignoli

2) General Anders by the PISM

But they do not name him, so back to basics to search for the Name of this Porucznik

Attachment 1128564

General Broni Kazimierz Sosnkowski awarding the Silver Cross Virtuti Militari to ?

I have found 4 officers awarded the VM from the Commando Company also awarded the Monte Cassino Cross they are as follows:

1)Ppor. sp. Adam Bachleda VM Nr: 11236

2)Por. Andrzej Czynski VM Nr 8532

3) Ppor. sp. Stanisław Pałach VM 10289

4) Ppor. Wiktor Rzemieniecki VM 10232

Perhaps one of the other Forum members can help identify this officer for us.

Best wishes

I believe that to be Ppor Wiktor Rzemieniecki, VM 10232. He was only Officer decorated with VM 5th class that day. There was posthumous award of VM 5th Class to Ppor Palach , And Ppor Bachleda. Also Major Smrokowski was decorated VM 4th Class that day. I am referring to date 7/31/1944, and 8/3 1944. Also Corporal Braulinski was given his VM and KW x 2 posthumously.
    this is por. Andrzej Czynski, first VM awarded in Italy front durning ww2

IPMS has digitized the Polish Commando Company Dziennik. I somehow missed the first award of VM by Gen Sosnkowski on 4/9/1944. And yes Por Czynski was awarded VM that day.
    Then there was a second award day by Gen Sosnkowski on 08/03/1944 in which Por Rzemieniecki was awarded the VM. Somehow I missed the first award date...
    Por Czynski would have a numbered VM, and Por Rzemieniecki's would not be. Too bad we cannot see the VM up close...

James
    Thank You for the post! Great collection!.
    I think You actually should be excited
    1. the Scully in this mint condition with complete blades is definitely a rarity!
    2. i like the small G -40mm one - is it painted silver or solid material - they typically seen either oxidised and / or white metal
    3. larger Gs - super - both with markings and complete blades!

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Some hat eagles for the weekend. Nothing too exciting here. The small eagle has a lovely silver frosted patina. Mix of Gaunts and Spinks I believe plus a Middle East in brass. The middle Gaunt is very clearly marked. I have been told that the left middle may be silver.

Regards

James

Super Find!

[QUOTE=Tomek;1795269]
    Quote by Krakow1 View Post

this is por. Andrzej Czynski, first VM awarded in Italy front durning ww2

Fellows,
    Taking one more step in researching Polish Eagles.

I had an incredible opportunity to take this photo from the collection of my very good Friend.
    Eagle / Medal - the first version of Polish National Lodge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    One of the best pictures - I have ever come across - linking Army Eagle version with Air Force.

As per relevant regulations re uniforms / symbols of the Polish Air Force - form 1942 (if i remember correctly)

In addition - As a "puzzle" - I am going o challenge all Air Force enthusiasts on this forum - to tell us when / where the picture was taken and who is featured! I am very curious to see who is the fastest!?
    Archives of IPMS.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

Hello Wadowicznic,

The Photographs where taken at RAF Hemswell September 1942 as per the attached photo and

Polish Hat Eagles

Officers awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross at RAF Hemswell September 1942

1) Unknown Officer 300 Sqdn.

2) Unknown Officer 300 Sqdn.

3) Kpt.Naw. Witold Zurawski 300 Sqdn.

4) Por.pil Franciszek Jozef Jakusz-Gastomski 300 Sqdn.

5) Kpt. pil. Teofil Pozyczka 301 Sqdn.

6) Por pil. Stanislaw Liszka 301 Sqdn.

7) Por Franciszek Pantkowski 301 Sqdn.

8) Por Jozef Wojcik 301 Sqdn.

Best wishes

Andrzej

And the Winner is !!! - Andrew!