Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 226 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Default re: Polish Hat Eagles

Classic and sentimental

Nothing to add
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Hat Eagles 

?

I just got a couple of new PAF eagles. I got one of hardest to find which is best in my collection. Rest is more less regular stuff. Two embroided are nice, they are english made. Embroided on felt is french made I belive. I like too all Palestine mede ones so I put just two of them which are unusual. One is different design and other has no small shield inside amazone shield. I got another Canadian and interesting pre war eagle converted to use english style insignia pins. Enough talking just hava a look and I hope you will like it!

and some more which are not yet on wall in nice case
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Hi Marcin, Thanks for sharing your new acquisitions. Especially the A. Stanley plastic economy eagle. A rare bird to be sure. Congratulations on finding that one! Your eagle collection is coming along very nicely.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Agree with Tony .... PAF in plastic ... Nice piece !!!

Gary J.

Fellows

I have recently been seeing a very scare Polish Air Force Eagle (Plastic – made by Stanley & Son) surfacing in the market place way “too often”.
    Prices are asked are very high. I remain very concerned about these unexpected appearances.

Below picture of the one i have recently seen – offered by reputable dealer. What do You think – it is OK?

Do You have the same perception - something may be wrong –
    • a box has been found?
    • somebody is making copies?

Should we be worried?

Does anyone have statistics as to how many of them had actually been made by S&S in the war time?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

?

They made about 12000 pcs. Last 5 years I saw 3 of them and 3rd was mine so I dont think so that is often. They are not copies because of characteristic kind of material, you can direct seen if something is wrong. Prices are high, last one went on ebay for 1000$, six months earlier on ebay uk for about 700£ and something.
    If you can buy that one you got money just do it. Maybe somebody found few of them but I don´t think so. Mine came from Poland other was from UK.

Hi Marcin, Based on the pictures your badge appears entirely genuine. Although I have never handled one of these air force badges, so my comments are not at all those of an expert. I do recall one of the past auctions of one of these badges, and yes, the price fetched was up in the stratosphere.

Wadowicznic’s observation of these suddenly cropping up on the market is definite cause for concern. The one in the pictures posted seems to look OK. Can you post pictures of the other offerings?

Does anyone know if any of the other Stanley & Sons economy plastic products have ever been copied?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Tony,
    Thay are made exactly from same material as army ones - cellulose acetate. Quality of this material was poor so within all years eagles begin shrinking, disforming and discoloring. You can´t make fake eagle using any other stuff. Simpliest way is to use resin because is cheap but you can direct tell the diffrence. To make an eagle like this one you have to have metal casting form and machine which make high preassure and inject plastic (same as for model kits) and that is veeeeeeeeeeery expensive.
    Some of eagles are more shiny because of paint some are more dull grey. Here is pictuture one from UK if I good remember.
    As far as I know nobody copied them.

Hi Marcin,

Good reply. Yes, having owned several of these plastic eagles I am well aware of their tendency to deform, usually caving in at the center with the wings bending forward.

I can imagine that creating a convincing replica would be challenging. But at the same time counterfeiters can be very resourceful when the potential payoff is good – as it would be in this case. It seems that these particular plastic eagles are ripe for faking. Let’s see if wadowicznic can show us some of the others of these he’s spotted for sale lately.

Regards,
    Tony

Friends
    Below pictures of 2 eagles i know about.
    It would be good idea to put all the eagles we have posted "side by side" and see the differences - if we can pin point them - perhaps this would be a good way to see the problems?

In principle, I have 3 issues -

Some of the Eagles we posted look very "silver new" - if i compare them with the 12 PU Eagle that i have and know for 100% it was 1946 made - the colour is totally different

if 11,000 had been made (size almost of infantry division) why are they so scare? They should costs a few £.

Finally, over years - i have never met any veteran (an believe me i have spoken to a lot of them) who happened to have in his drawer 2 -3 example of the same eagle or a badge, even allegedly popular one like 5KDP / 3 DSK. Simply, I am yet to meet a veteran who, for instance, has 2 Lorioli Eagles and is happy to give me one!

I am just very sceptical about the whole story - but equally i may be totally wrong.

I agree that it would be very difficult to produce the quality copies because plastic metal forms needed for production.

Let's continue the debate.

Page 19 of 226 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast