MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 190 of 226 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Thanks Kosa

That's a result.

Regards

James

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hi James,

Yes, they are.

Regards,
    Kosa

James
    Perhaps this is just an "optical illusion" due to the angle of camera / picture - but it looks like eagles could be of different sizes / dimensions. Can you measure both and let us know?.
    It would be a relevant find - if it was proven that Scully made 2 variants of different sizes.

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Good day folks

Are these both made by Scully? I know the one with both blades present is but what about the one on the left?

Many thanks

James

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    James
    Perhaps this is just an "optical illusion" due to the angle of camera / picture - but it looks like eagles could be of different sizes / dimensions. Can you measure both and let us know?.
    It would be a relevant find - if it was proven that Scully made 2 variants of different sizes.
    Good day. I have measured both with a Vernier screw gauge, top to bottom and they are both the same size - 55 mm.

Thanks James

- - ------- - -

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    James
    Good day. I have measured both with a Vernier screw gauge, top to bottom and they are both the same size - 55 mm.

Thanks James

Fellows

My friend was very lucky to find a very interesting example of Guant Eagle - previously not seen. Eagle is "well silversised" specimen - typically -"oxidised" are seen. This one has also Guant markings under the lower fixing blade, too.

As mentioned before - on some previous posts - same "oxidised" Eagles are seen on "lock's" made officers' hats.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Good day folks.
    I've had this GS beret for years so thought I'd share it. I think it is a Gaunt badge but as you can see the metal fixings have broken so it has been stitched in place using khaki green thread. I think this is period done but who knows. The beret is well worn so sadly no label or date stamp inside.
    Regards

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    I just got these pictures – we discussed this variant before – and another specimen found.
    Likely to be mid-east casted one – with a very characteristic – brass, “fat” screw

I've had this GS beret for years so thought I'd share it. I think it is a Gaunt badge . . .
    Scully made eagle.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Scully made eagle.

Regards,
    Tony
    Thanks Tony. I only realised it was a Scully when I took the photo of the rear. Were Scully's only used by 1 Korpus? What a pity I have no provenance with it.

Regards

James

. . . Were Scully's only used by 1 Korpus? . . .
    Scully, no. The other popular "1st Corps makers": Gaunt, Spink, Stanley, yes. That's not to say that none ever ended up with the 2nd Corps, but I've yet to see a Scully on any 2nd Corps headwear.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne