Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 191 of 226 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Good day folks, What do you think of this PAF eagle? It seems to have the correct characteristics of a War time British made eagle but the neck looks over sinuous. Is it a copy?

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    I am very happy to report the new find / identification.

Very interesting and rare patriotic pin - according to Brzezicki's book, made in Paris / 1945 - by the Company known as - Specialities Insignies Polonaise - owned by Mr Br Krawczyk rue Keller 14. Paris district XI.

Size - dimension c30mm

This pin features an eagle of Officer's who finished the Staff College.

It is the first time - I see this pin / eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

James,
    This You for the post!.
    Eagle is original. This variant of PAF Eagle is quite rare. However, from my research - i "have concluded" that there could have been 2 versions: a) 1st one and b) 2nd one.

The 1st version - can be characterised as "very sharp" - Eagle is stuck with a lot details clearly visible (especially the crown), material is different and Eagle is covered in a kind of old silver varnish. Fastening - English omegas. The best picture of it can actually be found - on the envelope(s) attached below. It is super rare variant - i have seen it 2 times in years and as far as know it cannot even been found at Sikorski's.

The 2nd version - is the one, you posted - it is rare one, but seen from time to time. I think it could have been made after the war. Having said that, i have not yet found a conclusive picture etc.

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Good day folks, What do you think of this PAF eagle? It seems to have the correct characteristics of a War time British made eagle but the neck looks over sinuous. Is it a copy?

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

How are things? Any new finds - Eagles discovered?

I have been busy recently - less time for search!

I am counting on you to provide new interesting research topics / clues / pictures etc - re Eagles!

Fellows,
    How are things?
    Excellent picture of the Eagle made by Szpitalnik of Cairo Egipt.
    Rare and well documented version!
    Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Szpitalnik - from Sikorski's collection!

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,

How are things? Any new finds - Eagles discovered?

I have been busy recently - less time for search!

I am counting on you to provide new interesting research topics / clues / pictures etc - re Eagles!
    Ha, ha!

My recently acquired Gaunt - nothing special.

Rafal

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles

Fellows,
    I am happy to report an another find - early ww2 period - extremely rare Eagle /Pin.
    Only couple of pictures are known to me - featuring this pin.

This is 1 of 2 designs known to be produced by this famous manufacturer.
    The 2nd version is bigger, shield is round, badge is fully covered by "emalia"

Fellows,
    I am again very glad - to be able to share with you - what i believe the super relevant find (in fact - i think one of my best!).

While browsing Sikorskis's archives recently - i have come across the document that seems to provide very important explanation / information re super rare French PAF Eagle(s).

Language is not 100% explicit - re actual deign of Eagles - but formulates clearly rules / guidelines that subsequently led to design of 2 variants - larger and smaller - with dimensions as prescribed.

In addition, seems like smaller was contemplated to common ranks and NCOs and larger for officers.
    Date - February 1940

Please provide translation if you can - as my French is very poor!

Polish Hat Eagles  

Research Ideas?