Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 198 of 226 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

Fellows,

Classic!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Classic 2

Follows,

An another small step in researching complex provenience of Polish Military Eagle.

I have recently been lucky to have an opportunity to see a small "archive/collection "of works by Mieczyslaw Bialkiewicz (former officer of the 4th Tank regiment) - as some of you know - he was a distinguished collector, jeweller and very active in ex-service community. "Archive" comes with 100% provenience - so it is relevant to share, some information i have learned to present the correct examples of his works - that are now being heavily reproduced.

I have also learned that he used to produce very small series of badges and Eagles mainly- for friends /fellow collectors and works (except few examples) - were not widely sold.

I was very impressed by this discovery - some examples below!
    French one is super interesting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

One More!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    What are we going to investigate this weekend?

Fellows,
    I been making small steps - to ID a very rare PA Eagle.

Perhaps some of you know more/ can help with clues -information etc?

Pictures attached -please notice very characteristic avers (head / bik specifically) and reverse (fixing).

For some time, I have tried to find more evidence /contextual information - but there is not much - except 2 - quite strong clues.

1. At Sikorski's - a similar Eagle forms part of the display dedicated to the "Polish branches" of the RAF apprentice schools - Cranwell/Holton that operated during WW2 - training Polish air-force cadets
    2. Secondly, I have found a few pictures from the schools-one of them is particularly relevant -but not 100% conclusive, due to quality - distance

The picture - that was taken during the "pass-out parade" in 1944/45 features students with PAF Eagle. However, pictures taken in 46 and 48 feature Poles with standard RAF hat without an Eagle.

As far as I understand, number of Poles that attended Cranwell/Holton Schools was very low - and it looks like only 1 -2 years between 43 - 47, used the PAF Eagle.

If the clues can eventually be proved with further pictures etc - this this makes this variant super rare!

Polish Hat Eagles  

Hello Wadowicznic,

Many thanks for your post, what a proud day to be inspected by Marshal of the Royal Air Force Hugh Trenchard 1st Viscount Trenchard in the 5th photograph of your post.

Best wishes

Andrzej

appealing Battle of Britain period Service Dress Cap, OR's.

?

I think War time visor cap is from material? From your photo is plastic, leather?

Hello Tomek,

RAF Officers visor caps where covered in material, but Other Ranks had the plain leather has shown in the photograph below :

Polish Hat Eagles

I hope that it answers your question

Best wishes

Andrzej