Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 199 of 226 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2254

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

?

Thank you Andrzejku
    before I thought that the plastic and leather visor cap were used only after the war

the peak is made from what I have always understood to be " patent " leather. in this case time has taken its toll. the peak has a green under surface , the inside lining is black oil cloth and the head band has the usual AID markings.

Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat Eagles

A modern copy of a bullion thread eagle that sold last weekend. These were sold on ebay in regular and also aged versions. A side by side showing both versions is pictured here. Someone believed the sellers description that it was genuine. Costly error.

Fellows,

A very good Friend was lucky to find this gem!
    Collar Eagle of "Certified / Diploma" Officers who graduated from the Higher Military College before WW2.

This version is very early one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Slightly off the main topic -but I think -worth posting, given rarity
    The Eagle on the Polish Military button by Henderson of Palestine - early 40ts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    I almost never comment on the market prices as, for me personally - it is all about research and contextualising the various variants. However, on this occasion could not stop myself from doing this post - as it is just crazy to how the "genuine fight or deliberate set up" between 2 bidders ended - for what is an "average" (at present) Eagle.

I believe-this variant will become rare in few years - as it has been showing up less and less lately.

Fundamentally it is a sound investment - but seeing this price being paid now - is just funny and tragicomic.

Is this madness or a deliberate set up?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Just sold on eBay. I saw a similar Eagle this seller sold a few months ago. Always a private auction.

Polish Hat EaglesPolish Hat Eagles

Here is one from the Same seller, on auction just a day later after the above one sold.

Quote by Krakow1 View Post
    Polish Hat Eagles
    Polish Hat Eagles

A modern copy of a bullion thread eagle that sold last weekend. These were sold on ebay in regular and also aged versions. A side by side showing both versions is pictured here. Someone believed the sellers description that it was genuine. Costly error.
    This reproduction is still available here:

BULLION POLISH Senior NCO ARMOUR / TANK VISOR / SIDE CAP BADGE | eBay

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

just to clarify, I am the seller, and I stand by what I said. It is an original eagle, and if both of you examined a bit more carefully you would see they are not the same. They look similar and the repro is a good copy but the original one is different. Do not be so hasty to condemn...The eagle has the thumbs up from the Sikorski Instute...and I trust their opinion....none of us are infallible
    I do my utmost to make sure the items I sell are original, and therefore do not appreciate flippant comments implying I purchase repros and doctor them to seem authentic.
    Last edited by dorava; 05-31-2018 at 07:02 AM.