Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 208 of 226 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2257

Polish Hat Eagles

Article about: In my opinion this particular cap eagle was made by G.J. Garratt Toronto. Very unique, hard to find.

So what do you Fellows think about this helmet and the Eagle?

Fellows,
    V good pictures of PAF Eagle with rare fixing arrangements (horizontal blades).
    Typically this variant is seen with Omegas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Polish Hat Eagles  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    So what do you Fellows think about this helmet and the Eagle?
    Simply put, no provenance = no purchase. This is my rule for all Adrian and Mk.II helmets bearing Polish insignia. The fakers have gotten very good at their craft.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,
    An upcoming desa auction in Krakow - features a very interesting Eagle. Variant we have discussed previously

Orze³ek wz. 39 - Aukcja 173 DESA

Description states - some very interesting "information"
    Eagle - variant. 39- 54 x 35 mm. Made of brass, silver-plated. Reverse with counter. Mounted on a vertical safety pin.
    1. The product of the French company Alavoine.
    2. An eagle to be worn on the pocket by liaison officers. Very good condition

This variant is very rare.
    However, I have to say that both - hypothesis, 1 and 2 above, are new to me!

Orzełek wz. 39- 54 x 35 mm. Wykonany z mosiądzu, srebrzony. Rewers z kontrą. Mocowany na pionowej agrafce. Wyrób francuskiej firmy Alavoine. Orzełek przeznaczony do noszenia na kieszeni przez oficerów łącznikowych. Stan bardzo dobry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    This Eagle / Pin has been puzzling me for almost a decade as a research subject!
    Any of You any clues / facts etc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Hat Eagles   Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,
    Some great Eagles for further research please!

Fellows,
    it does not get better than that!
    8th Carpathian Infantry Battalion
    Sikorski's London

My 1st - Commemorative post - 100ys of Independence of Poland being regained. 11.11.1918!

Please post - most sentimental Eagles / Eagles related items you have to build a string of Commemorative posts!

My 2nd - Commemorative post - 100ys of Independence of Poland being regained. 11.11.1918!

Please follow with yours!

Finally, I have managed to get quality pictures +context materials re the Eagle / Badge - of the 1st Corp of Gen Musnicki - formed in Russia during the WW1 to support the fight for Polish "State". This Eagle / its design is believed to inspire the family of WW2 Polish Exile Eagles - starting form French Aloviane in 1939.

Archive of Sikorki's

Polish Hat Eagles  

Fellows,

Next set of v good pictures - featuring this v rare PAF Eagle.
    Further research still needed!

Post 2009 page 201

Polish Hat Eagles

Polish Hat Eagles